The Human Body

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 09:22 am
Is it true that human body organs do continuous effort work to make us live or do they just live their own life to make us live?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 275 • Replies: 10
No top replies

chai2

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 09:34 am
@CourtneyGayle,
Some of my organs (I won't mention which 2 in particular) completely live their own lives, and have no interest in making any sort of effort in even getting to know the organs that live right down the block from them.

They won't even get into the spirit of things and put out the simplest christmas decorations. Like that would be such a big effort, right? But they're the first one's to drive around the neighborhood with their friends, admiring everyone elses work.

Some organs are just plain selfish and act like the world owes them something.

Now they're starting to be a bad influence on what used to be civic minded organs. Telling them things like "you don't need to digest that. Leave it to the next guy."
CourtneyGayle

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:03 pm
@chai2,
like how would they drive around the neighborhood admiring everyone else's work?
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:17 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
They use Uber or Lyft.

Like, duh.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:20 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
They have a chauffeur who keeps the Datsun at the ready.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:39 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
CourtneyGayle wrote:

Is it true that human body organs do continuous effort work to make us live or do they just live their own life to make us live?

No one is really taking this question serious because its not clear if you are after a scientific explanation or a philosophical one. Because it borderlines on both.

Take for example the lungs with breathing. There is actually stress that causes inhale. The exhale actually reduces this stress. This cycle repeats. It is both parasympathetic and simpathetic. Meaning you can consciously control breathing and unconsciously. However; the lungs dont have any conscious awareness that they are doing something that benefits the rest of the organism.

But this is where philosophy can kick in and say yes there is a crude type of conscious awareness the organs have that mutual interactions can be stimulated. Science might use a different explanation such as hormone sharing.

For example the kidneys actually regulate blood pressure. As blood flows through them they are sensitive to the pressure and send a signal to the brain as well as dump adrenaline into the blood stream to increase heart rate when necesssary.

The eyes see a scary scene. The adrenaline kicks in, heart rate increases. The brain is involved however it is debated as to how much. Some intetactions are so basic and simple that they seem instinctual.

See a sexy scene and you are sexually aroused. How do these two examples result in different biological functions.

Sounds can stimulate response just as intense as visual sights. Smells can trigger memories and even cause vomiting.

So there is definately a connection of all organs but they also have their own individual process.
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 03:24 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

No one is really taking this question serious

Speak for yourself!

Plus, it's seriously
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 04:34 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
It's not even organs. One theory has it that we are just delivery mechanisms for genes.
0 Replies

CourtneyGayle

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 10:27 am
@Krumple,
the thing is what bothers me is i know the knowledge of the fact that the way we live is our body organs have to do work continuously the kind of work that a lazy person wouldn't want to do. I can't imagine doing that all the time
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 12:48 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
They work with nary a thought about it, kinda like the oil pump in a car.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 12:52 pm
@CourtneyGayle,
CourtneyGayle wrote:

we live is our body organs have to do work continuously the kind of work that a lazy person wouldn't want to do. I can't imagine doing that all the time

You are missing the fact that your body organs ARE you, so you've already been doing this all the time for years now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Human Body
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:29:13