SO SO CLOSE TO SAYING GOODBYE FOREVER TO A2K

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:06 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

When did Robert remove the ability to tag other people's threads?

I thought he was into the whole "wisdom of crowds" thing.

The graffiti tags undermined the crowd's wisdom, apparently.
roger

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes, and to the point they lost any value in using tags to track down a specific forum. There were times I would tag ESL, Latin, or Geology. That was the useful part of tags from my viewpoint.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
I was happy to see this change. There were too many instances of insulting tags.
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 06:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
<panzade giggles uncontrollably>
The instances of hilarious tags...well, I really enjoyed that.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 06:52 pm
@panzade,
I did a number of sillies, but I still think Robert did the right thing.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 07:01 pm
@panzade,
I was, at one point, tag adept. I sort of miss it, and I'm not clear now it is any better for new people finding subjects they are interested about. We have become more boring.

May be some intermediate mode?
Miller

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:51 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
the crowd's wisdom..

Now, if that isn't a big, fat HOOT, I don't know what is...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:55 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
We have become more boring.

Yeah, drive-by tagging was entertaining.
Lash

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:25 pm
@DrewDad,
Wistful memory. I did some of my best work in tags...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:39 pm
Now, when a newbie wants to know about an EFL/ESL or grammar question, he or she may not know to tag it, so... we are getting a number of mysterious threads, not having a clue whether to open them bravely or not.

'Options' as the title is a bit ethereal. It turned out to be a grammar question.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:31 pm
@DrewDad,
I didn't do much of that - look at the olden ossobuco's tag list. Some of that is that I helped (or was it hindered) tagging in the beginning, and tried to avoid being a meanie, not that I'm a saint but I got - or thought I did - the need for tags to make our threads available to people using google.

I enjoyed some of the punches people made, pro or con re my views, while busily disapproving for the above reason. I'm sure I did a bunch of "call and response" warning type tags, for a while, then pretty much stopped that; maybe some dry clues re subjects, not sure. I do agree that the OP should have at least a general say, if so desired.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 03:55 pm
I had an argument on a thread a few years back and I took an unpopular position. Just the lone person argued with me, but observers and passers by voted me down heavily and tagged the thread with some hateful and cowardly tags. Yellow bastards never posted a word.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Eff you all..

Up , up , and away in yours.

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why'd you come back? Did someone miss you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 01:28 pm
@Miller,
Bitter about the election results?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 01:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I see you're over your little temper tantrum.....
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Awwww, c'mon Finn. Do like I've done and just stop taking it so seriously. I like that you have the ability to make cogent statements supporting your thoughts and ideas.

I missed the initial drama, but it looks like Finn is back, which is a good thing for A2K.

My sentiments, exactly, Gent. I also agree with what Leddy said, along the same lines re "entertainment value."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:22:01