Vampires

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:02 am
Everyone knows some TV or movies about the vampires.Do you beliveve it is exist?If you believe it,pls let me know your reasons.Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 379 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:58 pm
@elenahao,
Of course they exist. It is for this reason that I always keep a supply of garlic on hand....that and the fact that I love garlic.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:24 pm
Garlic is really handy. I was talking to somebody who knew someone who ate several cloves of raw garlic daily. He said the guy was never sick. I wondered if the reason he was never sick was the medicinal power of the garlic or the fact that nobody got close enough to him for him to catch anything.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:56 pm
@Blickers,
It's 'cause it's kept the vampyres away. The last thing you want, for most people anyway, is to come down with vampyrism.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:56 pm
@elenahao,
Vampires do not actually exist, at least as far as we know. However, it is interesting that according to the vampire myth, which comes from Central Europe, the vampire requires a stake to be driven through it's heart to keep it from coming back to terrorize the living. And graves have been found in Central Europe dating back 5,000 years where the body being buried had a stake driven through its chest. So the vampire myth-or the forerunner of the vampire myth-dates back thousands of years.

Quote:
The city, inhabited since 5,000 BC but only discovered 20 years ago, is believed to be the site of the Temple of Dionysius – the Greek God of wine and fertility. And among the finds at the site, which includes a hilltop citadel, a fortress and a sanctuary, are a series of "vampire graves".

On Thursday Professor Ovcharov announced that he had found a remarkably-preserved Medieval skeleton at the site in what he termed "a vampire grave".

"We have no doubts that once again we’re seeing an anti-vampire ritual being carried out," said Professor Ovcharov. He explained that the metal was driven through the corpse to stop a "bad" person from rising from the dead and terrorising the living.

"Often they were applied to people who had died in unusual circumstances – such as suicide."

The skeleton, thought to be of a man aged between 40 and 50, had a heavy piece of ploughshare – an iron rod, used in a plough – hammered through its chest. The left leg below the knee had also been removed and left beside the skeleton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/bulgaria/11153923/Vampire-grave-found-in-Bulgaria.html
roger

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:11 pm
@Blickers,
Yes, a plowshare (iron) works as good as wood.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 10:45 pm
@roger,
Yes, I wondered about that. A lot of vampire movies and TV shows make such a big deal about the stake having to be made of wood, metal just doesn't get it done. Now we see that ploughshare iron is the material of choice.

Another cherished belief falls to science.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Vampires
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:22:22