Bug identification

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 09:23 am
We found this bug crawling on leather boots. They were in a corner and had some of my dog's shedded hair clumped up by them. They were also spotted earlier in my dog's shedded hair. That was in the stairwell leading up to my apartment, not actually inside my apartment, so there was less alarm. My dog has been itchy lately, but the vet was convinced it was allergies. I think it might be dog lice, but not sure. Thanks in advance!

Not sure how to upload pictures, but here is a Google drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByL_Y8iKZnoZNmxEY2JIUFZ4bzg/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 460 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 09:53 am
@Matcro369,
Too small in the photo to identify. Need to know if it has six legs or eight and if it has wings and if it is a larvae or an adult... things like that. Can you get a more detailed photo?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 10:16 am
@Matcro369,
Ticomaya wrote:
How to add an image to A2K in 6 painfully easy steps:

1. Navagate to "imgur.com." You can type those words in the browser address area each time, or perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, save it as a bookmark/favorite.

2. Click on "Computer" in the "Upload images" section on the page. You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper right of the page.

3. Navigate to your image on your computer. (Pretend you are going to email it to a friend.)

4. Click "Start Upload".

(Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!)

5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)

6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)

(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)

Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
Code:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kxym77c.png[/IMG]

facebook is also a good hosting site...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 01:30 pm
@Matcro369,
Matcro

They are dog lice for sure. I can zoom the picture.
33export

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 05:41 pm
@Krumple,
cockroaches
0 Replies

Matcro369

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 08:41 pm
@Krumple,
Now on to figuring out how to treat them. Thanks!
Krumple

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 09:40 pm
@Matcro369,
Matcro369 wrote:

Now on to figuring out how to treat them. Thanks!

That one on the shoe is white because it hasnt had a chance to feast on blood. If they are on your dig, they will be darker. Check your dig using a fine tooth comb. A few swipes should be enough to find any. There are specual sampoos for dig lice. But take care to wash any bedding or places the dig likes ti sleep. They will be infested as well. If you cure your dog but dont clean its bedding thry will infest your dog again.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bug identification
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:15:47