Is he into me, not into me, or awkward?

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:29 pm
I'll put things into lists, so you can compare.
Reasons why I think he's into me:
-Gave me a free drink at the bar (he's the bartender)
-Invited me back the next day (I work at his kids school)
-Talked with me a lot
-Made a lot of references to what he was doing later that night, and asked me so many times what I was doing after his shift
-At some point we agreed to hang out at a club the next week (I don't remember if he asked me or if I invited myself, but I think it was a situation where he was strongly leading towards me going, without straight up asking to avoid rejection). I decided not to meet him there that night because I'd already drank a lot. After joking saying, "Yeah I wouldn't want a disaster to happen." He replied back with, "Yeah that way we'll be on the same level."
-Still gave me another free beer

Reasons why I think I might have misread the situation:
-He kind of recently got out of a very serious and long term relationship
-When he invited me to see him at the bar, he did technically invite me and my mom (she works with me) because we were next to each other. Although at one point earlier I caught him staring at me like he wanted to tell me something. If he hadn't done this, I would not have gone back because I wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable
-Unfortunately, we don't get many opportunities to talk at my job. I'm usually pretty busy and constantly surrounded by people. So understandably (or maybe not) he hasn't asked for my number yet.
-I approached him about confirming we were hanging out Thursday, to which he replied, "Yep, I'm there Wednesdays, Thursdays and Tuesdays" or something like that. So, now I'm confused. Is this a date? I mean, you don't normally go hangout with people of the opposite gender that you barely know to make new platonic friends.

I actually can't even remember the name of the place so I guess that's an excuse to talk to him. The problem now is, I don't really know what to do. IDK if he's just shy and nervous about our situation, or if he's not into me like that. I plan on asking him what the name of the place is, but should I even ask him what time he plans on being there? I literally don't know if it's a date or not. I always get in these situations. Obviously I don't want to pop up at his work place again unless I'm invited. Apparently guys don't like it when you do that. (sigh.) I REALLY want to avoid making him uncomfortable since he has to see me every morning regardless of what happens. At the same time, I'm also really interested in pursuing something with him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 321 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is he into me, not into me, or awkward?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 03:23:51