The Holidays are Approaching - Halloween?

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:59 pm
I guess it's early for this topic, but telling myself it's not makes it one more holiday closer until my FI comes home! (sad)

Anyone notice all the Halloween and even THANKSGIVING stuff at stores?

I can't believe it's almost that time again. When we all go broke and have kitchens that smell like pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies (I've got a great recipe!), and get to sit down for some good ol' green bean casserole. Oh my.

Anyone have any ideas to what they'll (or kids) dress up as this Halloween? Pics would be nice. I love Halloween parties and Haunted Houses, and horror movies.

Though after I watch a REAL horror flick (they don't make good ones anymore), I'm left hating life and the person who let me watch it. ...even though they warned me. I still think someone is going to grab my toes if they're sticking out of the blanket after one of these movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 19
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:47 pm
You would think we are already in the middle of holiday season, going into places like Garden Ridge Pottery. Christmas trees, Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff clog the aisles. But I love it, even the commercial part of it.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:52 pm
What are you doing in Garden Ridge Pottery? Wink

I give it a month before we start hearing Christmas jingles in the mall.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:56 pm
Garden Ridge sells lots of neat stuff. We got a stainless steel stock pot, a big plastic storage box, a spatula and ideas for a birthday gift for my wife's sister.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:57 pm
A co-worker was playing xmas music today. Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:58 pm
I heard The Christmas Song on radio the other day during a celebration of Mel Torme's birthday.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:58 pm
That's crazy. /laugh

However, most people think me saying "The holidays are coming" is way too soon and crazy too. Smile
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:08 pm
Last Halloween I went with my granddaughter trick or treating. One house we approached was decorated quite nicely with everything...American flags, Halloween lights, candy canes, Christmas lights and so on...it even had a totem pole!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:14 pm
I've been thinking about holidays too though, I always try to make stuff and with making stuff you need serious lead time...

Sozlet doesn't know what she's going to be for Halloween yet. Last year she was Goldilocks. This year she wants to be a princess, blah, boring (all little girls are princesses at Halloween, especially Disney princesses), so I'm trying to steer her in a more interesting direction. She might be sold on mermaid, I have something very elaborate in mind that I THINK would work to allow her to look mermaid-y and also walk...
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:18 pm
You'll have to post a pic ....or crop out her face (if you don't want her pic on the net), so we can see her cute costume. Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:14 pm
L. L. Bean has already mailed out their Christmas catalogue.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:52 am
We begin Christmas shopping for the grandkids by October, putting stuff in layaway. It's easier that way.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 02:30 pm
I buy my Christmas cards in July because I get a $5 a box discount for ordering early.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
http://shop.nickjr.com/graphics/product_images/p1041496reg.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:32 pm
It would make my night to see someone wearing the above costume esp. with the lime green stretch pants.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:59 pm
Tights. Those have got to be tights.

The guy looks a li'l mortified, doesn't he...?

PHOTOGRAPHER: Smile!

Model Guy: <scowls>

P: Smile already! Time is money!

MG: <Crosses arms, looks into middle distance> My agent told me I'd be doing this shoot with one of the biggest money-makers of a major cable channel -- I was expecting, like Sarah Jessica Parker. Not.... <looks down, trails off>

P: Yeah, yeah, I weep for you, really. Now do you want to get paid or not?! Smile! Wave to the people!

*click*
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:05 pm
haha

he looks like an elf.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:32 pm
Does Sponge Bob always wear his Square Pants so low? Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:43 pm
We are playing both nights...one night an 80's theme costume contest to go with the gig......I will probably do a full Dr. Frank N Furter at least one night.....

I remember one Halloween I was out of town at a Holiday Inn and had no costume or money so I went to the Woolworths or some such and bought one of those little pans you boil one egg in and a black lone ranger mask....I hung the little egg pan off my zipper and put on the mask.....when asked who I was I answered Peter Pan....I won 2nd. place.......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:49 pm
Oh now wait a minute ...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Holidays are Approaching - Halloween?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:08:16