Who were you in a previous life?

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:49 pm
Have any of you been reincarnated? I know I've been around several times before. I was Charles Bigsby, a cobbler, who lived in London in the early part of the 17th century. I was kicked in the head by a horse when I was only seventeen and died after rolling around on the ground for several minutes and exclaiming "Ouch! Ouch! Oh, ****... I'm hurting, man!"

Before that, I have a hazy memory of being a caveman named Horga. I still have nightmares about having sex with these really hairy women with a tremendous amount of space between their eyes and this ghastly uni-brow thing. One of them stands over me with this huge wooden club and threatens to smash my skull open if I don't get her a mastodon sandwich.

I think I was henpecked in that life. That's what bothers me most.

Who were you in a previous life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 689 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:00 pm
I probably was, but I am not positive, Isabella d'Este, a smart cookie. Or maybe I was one of the cooks. I know I was an irish woman who bore many children before dying of some scourge in poverty. I hope I had a few bright days. Maybe I caught the boat...

I was also probably a saint, I used to be keen on those. I am not attracted to martyrdom though, and found it distressing even when I believed it all. I could get use to power. I think Catherine of Siena, wacky though she was, had some power.

I'd have been an early medical researcher. Wouldn't have gotten any credit but I actually would have been the one to notice and see the relevance of penicillin mold. I think I picked the agar plate out of the trash and left a note for my lover, Alex, which then made it to the trash itself.

This seems a litte femme loaded, even to me. But then I've been so many male heroes, from all the movies and books.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:01 pm
I come from a long line of re-incarnated horse-thieves. Hung by the neck until dead or drawn and quartered (I was a chef in Paris). Not much has changed for this life. There ain't room enough in this life-cycle for the two of us Gus.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:09 pm
Damn, reminds me of Ho Chi Minh... he was a Parisian chef..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:12 pm
The Ur-Venus.

The Pythoness at Delphi.

Cassandra of the Topless Towers

The Sibyl of Republican Rome.

An honored shaman of Finland.

An unfortunate witch of Moorish Spain.

The woman who inspired Nostradamus.

A refugee from Salem, MA.

An Oneida prophetess.

The Wailing Woman of Willow Creek.

How are the mighty fallen!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:14 pm
Speak of coincidences, I was Napoleon's chef. He he. I poisoned the sucker after he made provision for me in his will.
I was one of the three hundred Spartans, not a leader, just a grunt with a big spear.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:18 pm
Been told Cheyenne Shaman like 3 times, not that I'm buying much of it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:38 pm
Whadya mean, Noddy, the Walking Woman of Willow Creek, you mean the Willow Creek near me? I live in native american territory here, and know Willow Creek somewhat...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:40 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
...just a grunt with a big spear.

Yes, but tell us about the weapons you brandished...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:41 pm
That's a longer story than I have time to embellish.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:44 pm
Ossobuco--

Beware Willow Creek in flood--and by the time the goldenrod blooms again, Willow Creek will have flooded.

As for your personal future: In the next week you will be gifted by three separate small delights. Recognize opportunity and remain flexible.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:45 pm
I was probably Archimedes because, like edgar, I like to swing my spear around.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:48 pm
When I was younger, I was sure I would have been a queen or a powerful shaman. Now, I realize that I probably would have been a scullery mail, on my hands and knees most of the day.

The one bright light in my past was being Annie Oakley. One day I ran into Dys and said, "Feeling lucky, cowboy?" He was.

At least one story has to have a happy ending.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:51 pm
I used to be the guy that King Tut used as a footstool.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:03 pm
a barbarian...hey it was a living.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:49 pm
I'm pretty sure I was a bullshitter, I mean philosopher in ancient Rome
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 03:00 am
i used to be this skinny guy from Sweden living in Germany, wasn't that long ago, actually.

Now I'm Napoleon, where's the bastid that poisoned my food? Putain!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 03:26 am
Slave 148, fifth rope, north side, Great Pyramid, Giza. I got pissed one night, and fell under a stone in the morning, cos I kept closing my eyes against the sun. They had to roll me up around a stick to fit me in the cheap, woven reed sarcophagus.

Member of horde under Genghis Khan. I had a little too much kumiss one night and fell asleep during the next day's battle. Woke up stone dead - split from my guggle to my zatch. At least the headache was gone - I was beheaded as well.

Damned virtuous matron in Sophocles' Athens. Missed most of the best bits of the flowering of Athenian civilization as a result - been a feminist in each female incarnation ever since. The wine was ok, though, gave me headaches though. And the slaves did the washing up.

Fallen woman in Victorian London - ewwwwwwww - the gin was good, though. Died in a stupor from falling into the fire. No headache but.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
I have a fascination for old sailing ships, especially Scandinavian ships...maybe I was a Viking in my previous life. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who were you in a previous life?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:07:49