I'm Curious About You Guys...

bella

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:36 pm
What the hell do you do for a living? Are most of you retired? How do you have so much time for this board? I'm extremely interested as this seems to be a phenamenon in many subject areas. This board is not as specialized as many others are, and so I can only speculate that this board serves many retired people. Am I correct?

Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,049 • Replies: 58
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:03 pm
I wish!

I work 40 hrs. a week, and yes, not enough hours in the day to do what I most want to do.

Why would you come to the conclusion that everyone here is retired?

Look at the dates on the posts?
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:54 am
I think it's a mixture of everybody.

Contributing to A2K is roughly equivalent to watching a half hour episode of a favourite mindless tv program, only not always as mindless. Nobody lives on here (hopefully).

The only time I contribute overly much is when I have assignments due, and want to procrastinate.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:58 am
There was a time when I sought intervention with my A2K habit but now I've settled into a half hour a day posting routine. I don't have a TV and this is much more interesting than watching a re-rerun of Friends. Well maybe it's like being in a humongous virtual Friends series.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:11 am
I mainly browse A2K when I need a 10 minute break at the ofice, or at lunchtimes if it's raining outside. I'm a long way off retiring, at age 28! :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:34 am
Quote:
I think it's a mixture of everybody.

I agree- The people here are anywhere from their late teens 'til their seventies. I would suspect though, that the average age is probably a bit older than the population at large.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:08 am
I may be old, but I work a minimum 40 hrs per week, which is more than I can say for a large number of young people I know.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:26 am
"work ethic" what's that?

I come for the 'wisdom' (so it takes quite a long search, each time);
but i work, a little, when i have to! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
So Bella, tell us what you do for a living.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
I am an entertainer...so I sleep late and when I wake up my cubs are in school and I am on the computer doing promotional types of things or on the phone so I have a lot of time for this unless I'm rehearsing, recording or gigging.

I also manage to run most every day and workout regularly although I've slacked off the last couple weeks due to the weather being to wet to get outside. I lead a pretty active lifestyle actually, and don't sleep much.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:25 am
I am a student, I don't do much else and I don't even put the effort I'm supposed to put on studies.... so I have lots of free time.
0 Replies

bella

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:31 pm
Thank you for taking my question seriously! I think this is a great site. I enjoy reading through the conversations and it just appears that many spend a lot of time here, but there is no judgement call on that.

Panzade, I work as a bartender! I love face to face contact, but it is nice to interact with those on a more intellectual level, who are not necessarily being nice to me for the extra-heavy pour on the scotch & water.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:34 pm
I know what you mean Bella, I've been working in bars and show clubs for eons.
0 Replies

bella

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:36 pm
Are you an entertainer?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:12 pm
Some people wouldn't agree...but yes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
Men may work from sun to sun, but woman's work is never done. Women don't retire either.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:53 pm
I'm a baby 21 year-old.. (As in, just turned a couple months back). I work 40+ hours every week as a Pharmacy Tech and CNA. When I'm not doing this, I'm gettin' my drank on.. Drunk [Makin' a toast of Hennessy with 'Pac RIP] And then I'm gettin' my sleep on, and sometimes I just be gettin' it on..... Hahaha... Tee hee.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:03 pm
I worked as a bartender for what felt like forever.

Luckily, I worked at a place where a bunch of businessmen hung out after work. It was the best business school education anyone could ever have had. I believe you can learn more about the world from being a bartender than from just about anything else.

Now I own my own business -- as a portrait photographer.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:21 pm
Alcohol makes people turn into jerks. Bartending is a very tough job.
0 Replies

bella

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:14 pm
Nice avatar, panzade!

Noddy24, I hear you. Women do not retire. Ever.

boomerang, I think that is wonderful that you've come to sustain your life with your passion.

mchol -- you sound like me at your age! (ps...even though you can learn much from the alcohol trade, don't quit your day job)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm Curious About You Guys...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:10:16