I Was So Poor That

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:39 pm
My step father had a stroke right when I was getting ready to pay him a visit. He lay on the floor three days before anybody found him. Paralyzed on the right side, with a leg soon to be amputated, he survived in a hospital close to a year before expiring. In that time, he was fully aware, could watch television and smoke cigarettes. But, he was aware enough to understand what went down. My brother, his oldest son payed him a visit. He detailed how his cousins taunted the old man in his bed. It couldn't have been an easy passing. Still, I have to find his grave and urinate on it before it's all over.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:45 pm
Back in the early 60's I used to go with my grandparents to town to sell egg and cream. They would save eggs and cream durung the the week and on Saturday morning drive 20 miles to town. They were share croppers. Always had food but not much elese. The never had plumbing until mid-70's when I went to college.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:47 pm
I was so poor that if I wasn't a boy, I wouldn't have anything to play with Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:07 pm
You didn't have any friends to "play with"?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Was So Poor That
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 03:20:19