Is it possible that your dream days ago will happen in the future?

dalehileman

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 01:13 pm
@sky123,
Quote:
I hope you a beautiful life
Oh it is--at 85--but thank you Sky
sky123

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 02:00 pm
@dalehileman,
85! really?!!!
Look at the bright side.
You have still 35 years to 120!!!
dalehileman

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 03:49 pm
@sky123,
Yea Sky, looking forward to it--though my innards Dr gives me only 5 more years
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 04:24 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm 81, and I also have some health issues. Kidney's went bonkers last year, and it's now working at 30%. Ya never know.
I'm just glad I was able to travel extensively in my younger days, and to have met so many people. I'm not sure how many years I have left, but I still try to talk my wife into traveling, because she hates travel, but won't let me travel alone any more. Doc said I can't drink liquor any more. Not much left to enjoy life.
We are planning a trip to Sacramento next week, my birth place and home town until I reached 17. Mostly to visit Old Sacramento, and maybe Sutter's Fort. A German, Mr Schliemann, stayed at the Sutter's Fort, and he made a fortune in gold during the gold rush, and he's the one who funded the excavation of Troy.
My younger brother served two terms in the State Legislature, and I still enjoy visiting the capitol. They have many historical pictures and information within its halls about the state, especially in the connected building. Even without air conditioning, it's always cool inside during the summer months.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
....... Kidney's went bonkers last year, and it's now working at 30%........
In my case it's an adjacent organ but not terribly serious, kept under control by tri-monthly shot

Quote:
...able to travel extensively in my younger days...
I was lucky in that respect too but didn't realize it

Quote:
.... can't drink liquor any more. Not much left to enjoy life....
Cis you have my most sincere condolences

Quote:
....served two terms...
Wish I'd'a had siblings. It was around 1930 and my dad was terrified of getting another one
0 Replies

sky123

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:47 am
@dalehileman,
I never talked to my grandfathers because I was kid when they passed away.
It was a chance to me to talk to you.
I just entered to my 28. As I get older little by little, I feel there are still lots of unfulfilled dreams within my heart. Sometimes I count the number of hairs that have become gray!!! 4 .
Life in Iran is good. Our house is near mountain Alborz and air conditioning is not necessary during summer. My best entertainment is mountaineering and swimming.
Sometimes something bother my heart. There was once a girl I loved but she cheated me and went to your country but never mind! I take the life easy. I am sure every action will have a reaction.
I am in a dilemma. The problem here I have is that PhD positions in our universities are not funded and take a lot of time so you gotta be out of work during that time and pay for the costs.
On the other side applying abroad is hard. When I think of leaving my family for years I find it terrible. Even if I could they can't let me go because they love me.
Moreover I am a practicing Muslim and wanna marry but I have no idea if I could find a girl outside my country (e.g US) who come back with me after graduation.
If I marry now here in my country, my chances to get PhD will reduce because I must afford a girl as well as myself and as I told you then I will lose my job.
So honestly I don't know what to do?!!!!
Any advice my father?!
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 01:29 pm
@sky123,
Thanks Sky. May I suggest you transmit that last posting to your profile

...after a bit of edit of course

Quote:
It was a chance to me to talk to you
Wha, who me Sky

Quote:
I just entered to my 28
I had remembered 81. Forgive an old guy who doesn't text very intelligently

Me not you Sky

Quote:
Life in Iran is good
Sorry again Sky but I disremember. Are you Iranian

Quote:
PhD positions in our universities are not funded
Sorry to hear that, can't you reason with 'em

Quote:
they can't let me go
Gather this as evidence you're indeed a fine fella

Quote:
Any advice my father?!
Don't know how to respond but we would be delighted to have ya. Mebbe you could bring your fambly
sky123

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 03:13 am
@dalehileman,
Yes my dear father I am an Iranian. I think politics make us afraid of people who are much more lovely than what they seem to be. Thank you.
...doctors are not right always. They predicted Stephen Hawking will die in a few years but he is shining the world years after the deadline doctors gave to him!
I wish you a long long healthy life and of course my dear father Cice imposter too.

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 10:24 am
@sky123,
Quote:
and of course my dear father Cice
Yes Sky we do spawn a few really good fellas
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 05:32 pm
@sky123,
If your dream is to get your PhD, do that before getting married. Education is the key to a better life, because of the knowledge you gain plus the opportunity to more job offers. If you enjoy teaching others, you can become an educator. The pay is not the best, but look at all the young people you can inspire to do well in their lives. A contribution to help your fellow man will be very rewarding.
sky123

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 02:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you. Yes I can't give up my dream to get PhD. You are right. Marriage could be an obstacle at this time.
I really value your advice. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) says:" Old people are prophets of their society".
If I could persuade my family maybe the next year I will be in US but I will return because I am sure I'll be more useful in my own country.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:39:08