The Art of Fangirling and the Incremental Evolution of Geekdom

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:01 am
Look at the older definitions of Fangirling at Urban Dictionary. They totally got the idea wrong. Fangirling isn't about overly hormonic-flooded romantically obsessed young (and old) women swooning over any ole romantic crush.

What's your definition of fangirling? A fangirl to me is a smart and literate obsessed geek. They can be in love with a particular actor or fantasy/scifi character but it's deeper than that. For one thing, they usually have a sense of humor and are passionate to a fault. Wink

If anyone can help me compose the ideal Urban Dictionary definition, I would be quite appreciative.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,004 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:11 am
@tsarstepan,
Hmm I don't have time to watch the video right now, but fangirling to me has a paralysis dimension. E. g. you see your object of affection and you just can't speak or breathe or move. I saw plenty of STLV video this past week, and people were fans when they met their idols, but they weren't hyperventilating. For me, fangirling adds that bit to the experience.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 09:09 am
@jespah,
busy girl wrote:
Hmm I don't have time to watch the video right now

a-hem!

http://i66.tinypic.com/htv0pc.jpg
jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 09:15 am
@Region Philbis,
Ha!
0 Replies