Raise Wages or Regulate the Cost of Living?

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 05:59 am
Give people a raise and landlords, the banks and cities raise rents, mortgages and tax rates.

Real estate values are now back to the same artificial bubble that caused the real estate crash...

It seems market regulators are once again not doing their jobs.

We have 1 percent that owns most of the wealth because the cost of living is out of control. Not basic essentials but things like property value and rents. Lower rents and property tax and you raise the household incomes.

Banks take properties and speculate them. They repossess them from people who can't afford them they do not at that point resell them to poor consumers no, they auction them to real estate speculators. Speculators do a few tiny repairs, slap on some paint and sell them for twice their value. Consumers can't afford these steep prices in the long term and the cycle continues.

Real estate is killing our middle class not low wages...

When I say cost of living I mean real estate not toiletries like toothpaste and groceries like milk.

Trump University was centered around "Making a killing off real estate".

Real estate is how billionaires, banks and speculators game the system.

By raising the minimum wage you hurt small business and you also start a wage gap between our manufacturing sector and that of other countries. This hurts our job growth and our competitive labor worldwide.

Real estate speculation by banks is the reason why the middle class is suffering.

Donald Trump was happy to see the bail out. Billions of free dollars to the very banks that ripped us off. New repossessed real estate to speculate and turn into cash.

All my city had to do was vote on a 15 dollar wage and my land lord raised my rent 300 dollars more per month. The referendum never passed but my rent still got raised. My landlord was Johnny on the spot to see I did not get any boost in my income.

Maybe he is right to raise my rent so he can pay for the raise in city taxes.

Then the city can take out new contracting jobs with the banks with all of their new found wealth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 912 • Replies: 11
No top replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:52 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13901349_1412486808762293_5624831781677103820_n.jpg?oh=ea3e427d521775ce2d57f640c008a218&oe=581F85B2
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:22 am
The cost of affordable housing: Does it pencil out?
http://apps.urban.org/features/cost-of-affordable-housing/

Does any of this make sense?
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 06:11 am
@TheCobbler,
Umm, "Closing The Gap"

Empty Homes Outnumber The Homeless 6 To 1, So Why Not Give Them Homes?
http://www.mintpressnews.com/empty-homes-outnumber-the-homeless-6-to-1-so-why-not-give-them-homes/207194/

Let's build more new homes so they can be foreclosed on and the banks can own more? So the banks can charge even more to build more new homes when the banks do their little index magic number thingie...

Give landlords even more mortgages so they need to charge tenants even more money for rent.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:47 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Banks take properties and speculate them. They repossess them from people who can't afford them they do not at that point resell them to poor consumers no, they auction them to real estate speculators. Speculators do a few tiny repairs, slap on some paint and sell them for twice their value. Consumers can't afford these steep prices in the long term and the

You are right about your home being a key economic factor in a person's financial life. But you (and almost every consumer) is wrong about having no control over this situation. You too can buy that fixer upper and do it yourself. Or better yet, buy a piece of property, learn how to do it and build you own house.

That is how I escaped poverty.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 05:21 am
I think raising the minimum wage is generally a good thing, raise the minimum wage worldwide! But not if it simply evaporates due to the banks manipulating housing prices to recoup losses that their own frivolous practices have incurred.

Raise the minimum wage but regulate real estate and housing practices by the banks along with it!

Their magic number that they use to regulate the housing market also includes the losses incurred by their unregulated and unethical practices.

We are paying for the corruption allowed by deregulation!

When the bill for the bank's corruption is factored in every time of course the real estate market is no longer feasible!

I once heard it said by a very reputable Jewish friend of mine (whose opinion I trust) that the day Ronald Reagan deregulated the banks, many bankers wrote themselves out huge checks!

We are paying for THAT on top of our rents, mortgages and new home appraisals!

The cities tax us more and the banks pocket more!

This process renders a wage raise useless and actually detrimental to our markets .

I live off a rent subsidy, I don't really need more money to live on, I just think that the govt./state is being ripped-off by a poorly regulated housing market and enormously high overblown rents.

If real estate prices weren't so high then contractors and builders who build and repair homes would not have to charge so much to provide their services, they have to pay rents and house payments too themselves.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 05:52 am
@TheCobbler,
Now we will get some stupid Republican come in here and say, "Well Bill Clinton deregulated the banks too!"

Ronald Reagan left our economy trillions of dollars in debt, way past the glass celling and out through the roof!! Bill Clinton left our economy with a surplus.

That is not quite the same as comparing apples with oranges.

Republicans are greedy and corrupt and they think they are privileged and have the right to line their pockets with the hard earned money of others.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:03 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Raise the minimum wage but regulate real estate and housing practices by the banks along with it!

Oh yeah, that'll work.

He who ignores history, is doomed to repeat it.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2016 03:54 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13932885_1171163242954583_1608721029409538981_n.jpg?oh=8e23e0f1cbe66800684e21a44eefd6cc&oe=584108FD
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:40 pm
Donald Trump Nearly Quintupled The Rent For His Campaign Headquarters At Trump Tower — Only AFTER He Was No Longer Footing The Bill!
http://perezhilton.com/2016-08-23-donald-trump-presidential-campaign-rent#.V7zQY5grKM8

Possible sign of things to come.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:26 am
Trouble's brewing in Canada
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/troubles-brewing-in-canada/ar-AAicuWP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

This trouble is around the corner here in the US too, we are certainly not immune to "housing bubbles". What is a bubble? Something artificially inflated in price, who inflates these prices banks and real estate brokers.

The banks inflate the prices of real estate, mortgages and loans and the bubble grows bigger while the banks profit obscenely.

Cut the banks out or heavily regulate real-estate and problem solved.

I know a person who had a lot of money, he went to Florida and offered people half of the price of what they were asking, in cash --- they would throw him out on his kiester and the next day call him back and accept the offer.

The lesson learned? Real estate is usually double what it is actually worth.

The banks inflate the price till it is way beyond its profitable market value.

Bankers are in cahoots with the real estate market and together they speculate real estate 'til everyone who has to pay rent or house payments are paying double what the real estate is actually worth.

If we made the banks cut all of their real estate holding values IN HALF they would still make a killing.

Banks are ripping us off and creating an unstable economy because consumers are strapped to the gills with real estate and rental debt. Thus consumers cannot invest in other economical commodities.

Just my opinion.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:29 am
@TheCobbler,
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13932885_1171163242954583_1608721029409538981_n.jpg?oh=8e23e0f1cbe66800684e21a44eefd6cc&oe=584108FD

See these rotten old dilapidated houses in the bottom photo?

Each plot of land is worth many thousands of dollars!

Why? A small plot of land like this should be worth 5 thousand dollars not 50 to 100 thousand dollars!

The banks dangle unreasonable credit amounts in front of desperate people expecting them to live on dry bread and tap water.

Real estate speculation has caused the neglect you see on these properties.

Banks...
0 Replies