What Abuzz Was(Thats an independenteuphoniousphoneticdevice)

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 01:23 am
ehBeth wrote:
Some of the same posters are here, but the quality of writing isn't. I don't know why.

As to myself, I can only blame it on the politics. I mean, I think thats about 60% or 70% of it. Political threads - in my case, anyway - make perhaps for diligent research, but not for good writing. I think, or I hope, that my posts to the What Made You Smile Today thread are still of the same kind as they were on Abuzz - just a lot less regular. But yeah, on the other threads that style's gone mostly missing.

It also does have to do with what Soz noted, about the phbbwhatsitcalled format. The editing function, makes for a wholly different mode of posting. And all the quoting I've started doing here, using it almost as a kind of weblog, a kind of archive of what I've read that I want to keep. Thats come in the place of an extent of original writing. Finally, feedback, I guess. Whenever I see a post by realjohnboy, I want to write some neat little daily observation like that again too - but on Abuzz there seemed to be tons of stuff like that.

And of course, yeah, change of personality, state of mind. I was rebuilding then, and plus, I had more time, and so I really collected ideas and observations when I was out, cherished them and jotted down what I could to later "bring to" Abuzz. I still do the jotting down sometimes, but I hardly ever come round to typing it out here anymore. When I come home, I just want to do my hour or two (or three ...) of reading stuff and, when interesting, linking it here, and then go to bed or move on.

Huh. Interesting.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 07:18 am
Your posts on What made you smile are stunners, nimh. I know that several of them, here, have made me kind of hover my fingers over the keyboard searching for an adequate response... I often just give up. ;-) Or try to come back with something with a fraction of the... nimhness.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 04:13 pm
neo hihp you are here at A2k. Good to see you it has been a long time.

nimh you seem to be at ease here. I have not noticed much difference although I have to agree I do tread lightly or try to at A2k. Chalk it up to previous bad experiences I guess.
0 Replies

hihp

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 04:15 pm
Hi, Joanne, yep, it's me :-) Indeed has been a long time...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 05:14 pm
Craven, I think you guys should sell goat cheese.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 05:32 pm
Did Moondoggy leave already again?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 11:29:49