*Good* Night - What makes it good ??

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:34 am
In another thread, we have taken to wishing our most esteemed member peuo Good night. And ofocurse, being the gentle polite folks we are, we always wish other around us (including cats and dogs) - "A good night" before we retire to the land of dreams (or nightmares)

But what excatly is a "good" night for you ?? What makes it "good" ?

A partner who does not snore ? The sky for roof and mother earth for bed ? A wamr cuddly body next to you ? A king size bed at yr sole disposal ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,002 • Replies: 22
No top replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:41 am
gautam, bookmarking

good question. and thanks for the undeserved compliment Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:41 am
Lots of different things.....all those and lots of others.

Like - after heatwaves here we get all excited when we have our first cool night - everyone excitedly remarks that it is a "good sleeping night!"

A good dinner with friends, a good party, a good film or play or other entertainment - a great walk - anything which is fun or lovely - moons, stars ..... a really good sleep...I never really get enough of that. Cuddles and so on make very good nights!!!!!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:02 am
right now it's a night with a breeze to cool you down. no cuddling allowed, too much extra body heat on an already hot night. soon (hopefully) the power will be restored and the aircon will be blowing. then i can answer in more detail.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:14 am
A good night is one which ends with my feet hitting the floor the next morning! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:25 am
No claims. Wishing you a good night.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:33 am
I suppose that a good night is when one doesn´t wake up with one´s arse in one´s hand.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 09:58 am
A bit of this, a bit of that. And no alarm clock in the morning.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:30 pm
A good night is one without attacks from an awake, bored cat!

and I would never, in a zillion years, have described pueo as "our most esteemed member"! Yappiest member - yes! Daffiest member - yes! Head of steam - maybe! Confused But esteem - Naaaaahhhh!!!!!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:48 pm
Margo, yes!!! The other night, I slept wonderfully. However, ten minutes before my alarm clock went off, Nisse decided that that was enough. He wacked my foot with his claws. And I got up. But - that was a pretty good night, come to think of it. He could have wacked my foot at three in the morning...

Other things to make the night good - my husband by my side and not snoring! Mysan cuddling to my stomach and purring. No alarm clock in the morning. Wake up when you had enough sleep.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:56 pm
urs
2-3am is Possum's preferred time - especially as it's pretty hot at present, and there are feet there for the biting! Aaarrrrggghhh!!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:38 pm
Yup, that's Nisse's time also. And of course right now he is fast asleep next to the monitor...
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:24 pm
margo wrote:

and I would never, in a zillion years, have described pueo as "our most esteemed member"! Yappiest member - yes! Daffiest member - yes! Head of steam - maybe! Confused But esteem - Naaaaahhhh!!!!!

another crazed aussie wimmin Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:29 pm
A good night is one where I feel like I've done my best during the day and can relax and do what I want. An even better night is one where the alarm clock won't ring the next morning (borrowing this from some earlier posts).
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 03:33 am
Surprising no one has mentioned prospect of "earth shattering, lightening inducing sex" !!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:53 am
that is part of what I meant by endorsing your "cuddling' thingy, gautam!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:56 am
Look you lot of sorry pussy-cat whipped wusses - my cats are trained NEVER to interrupt my sleep! It is EASY!!!! Pay me a little fee and I can make your nights happy!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:57 am
Shocked Embarrassed

...not sure that came out quite right.....
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:01 am
Me neither!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 12:56 pm
ummmmmmm............... Shocked Question
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » *Good* Night - What makes it good ??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:04:43