PERCEPTION AND IMPASSE

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:51 pm
At one time, I was a group facilitator disguised as a Community Education Director. Sometimes, I would come home and tell my wife, "When both parties honestly believe they are right, it is very, very difficult to ever get them together."

We presently have such a situation in our family. A distant sister and son believe the family members taking care of Dad have misused his money. They feel there should have been enough money to take care of their medical problems and meet Dad's needs.

I suppose one could apply the same line of thinking to groups seeking government monies; countries appealing for help, etc.

Have you read any reports/articles re this topic? Can you describe some national or world event which revolved around misperception as opposed to the facts? How was it/they resolved? And I suppose, within our lifetime, some misperceptions are never resolved. Can you name some?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:16 pm
Mapleleaf, When our mother passed away, my siblings and I had a meeting to decide what to do with mother's house. I said I wanted no part of it, but offerred a suggestion; give 60 percent to our sister, and 40 percent to our oldest brother. My younger brother, being a doctor, also was not intersted in getting any proceeds from the sale. During the intervening years, our older brother's kids used the house without paying rent, and practically trashed the place, while our sister paid the property taxes on it year after year. She finally got possession of the house about three years ago. She had to do some major repairs on the house before putting it on the market for sale. The moral of this story? Families fight about money matters all the time, and I didn't want any part of it. Some kids fight over a few thousand, and become enemies for life. c.i.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:29 pm
Folks, I'm not asking you for help with my family or yours. Focus on this:

Quote:
I suppose one could apply the same line of thinking to groups seeking government monies; countries appealing for help, etc.

Have you read any reports/articles re this topic? Can you describe some national or world event which revolved around misperception as opposed to the facts? How was it/they resolved? And I suppose, within our lifetime, some misperceptions are never resolved. Can you name some?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:54 pm
Mapleleaf, My post still stands to represent the larger picture you are asking for. It's the same dynamics - human nature as it is. c.i.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » PERCEPTION AND IMPASSE
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:42:06