War as a tool to divide Arctic pie.

Dickdj

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 08:02 am
According to the U.S. Geological Survey estimations, the Arctic Ocean's seabed may hold up to 25% of the world's undiscovered oil and natural gas reserves. The US transpolar territory is much smaller than, for instance, Russian or Canadian transpolar lands. But it looks like Americans don't bother much about it. Why?
I think it's due to the fact Americans are least interested to peacefully and legally in most civilized manner conquer Arctic region. Instead they are going to get their Arctic share in their habitual gangster manner, by force. The military experts now point to the Arctic region as the major battle place in future. Do you remember the idea of the so called "Arctic NATO" offered by the USA and their "Arctic weapons' re-equipment program" started in 2006? As for American "allies and friends" they will be just engaged to get the biggest share for America.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,113 • Replies: 6
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:05 am
@Dickdj,
Greenland. Greenland's the one to reap huge rewards in petrochemical drilling, what with the enormous West Greenland and East Greenland Rift basins on their borders.

When do we invade, er, initiate regime change in Greenland?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 12:53 pm
I'm bemused wondering how anyone "peacefully and legally" conquers territory.

Greenland is an autonomous country within the realm of Denmark. Talk to the Danes.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:47 pm
Won't Canada play a pivotal role in the Arctic wealth? If so, as a Commonwealth nation, they may become wealthy enough to have a few more baseball teams!
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:57 pm
@Foofie,
Oh, I believe Canada is due for regime change as well.
carpetsindubai

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:00 pm
It's all about Greenland!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 02:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Oh, I believe Canada is due for regime change as well.

Mox nixt.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » War as a tool to divide Arctic pie.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:16:03