The age of 22 years for marriage?

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 03:56 am
My cousin sister is 22 years old, My uncle and aunty are searching for perfect match for her. She is not ready at this stage but also not want to broke or ignore the judgement of her parents. She has discussed all the issues with me. I am too feeling helpless. What should i do to convene her parents for not getting her married at the age of 22 years as this is not the right time? Any suggestions please make me reply.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 537 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 06:56 am
@AnkitaJain231,
This is your cousin's job, and not your own. Be supportive, of course, but it is ultimately her life and her happiness which are at stake.

She can consider whether an educational argument should be made, e. g. that she needs to finish studies or work for a while in order to round out her education. She should consider which sort of appeal would speak best to her parents.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 12:03 pm
@AnkitaJain231,
This sounds like a cultural difference, am I right?

Someone who moves between cultures has to balance the connections to their family and expectations from their traditional culture with the needs and reality of their new culture. This is not always easy.

I think it helps to realize that this is what is happening, and try to help your family understand as well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 08:13 pm
@jespah,
Here's important information on the best age for marriage.
http://time.com/3966588/marriage-wedding-best-age/

I married at 28.
0 Replies