Am I being Friendzoned?

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:00 pm
I need some advice, I have known this girl from my university now since September. I've always found her attractive, but at the time I liked someone else (It didn't work out with that person ) so I didn't want to make a move. Anyway I have gotten to know her very well since December, we're both in our early 20s. We talked in uni fairly often, and we talk on Facebook every couple of days, sometimes she even messages me first. Anyway one time I talked to her around January time, she mentioned her boyfriend, as soon as she bought him up, I stopped liking her up until fairly recently.

A few months ago, we started chatting a lot again, she confides in me a little, and we often joke around and talk about random topics. On Facebook she seemed really talkative, she would make the conversations go on even if I weren't really asking her anything.

As we started talking more and more, I started to really like her personality, plus she seems very kind, helpful, funny etc. However right now I'm kinda friendzoned with her, and I respect that she has a boyfriend, I don't want to do anything to cause them to break up, but at the same time the more I talk to her, the more I'm starting to like her, and I don't want to cut contact with her because she has been great and friendly towards me. What's strange though is online she would talk all the time to me, yet in person she seemed really shy around me, however she would smile and laugh sometimes at things I would say or do.

Over a month ago, I seen her in person for the first time since we broke up for University, and she seemed a lot more bubbly, smiled a lot, and talked a lot. (Usually she's shy in person) She asked me what I had been up to, and she said that I should have joined her and her friends for drinks. She has also said numerous times that if I need help with work or need a chat about anything, that she's there. Since then she has asked me to hangout on a few occasions

This is where it gets confusing, she has seemed much more outgoing and confident around me lately, even sarcastic too. I seen her twice in person a few weeks ago, the first time, I seen her, she seemed really excited to see me, she ran over to me, waved at me and started touching and stroking my hair.

The second time we hung out with people from University, she offered to give me a lift on the day out, during the day out, she was always hovering around me, and would laugh and smile when I would something, on the way home in the car, it was just me and her. I was sitting in the front seat next to her and she touched my hand, when she touched it, we both went quiet for a minute, and acted as if nothing happened. It was kinda awkward. I did mention her boyfriend to her, and when she mentioned him, she kept changing the topic, it's as if she didn't want to talk about him, which is strange since when I first knew her, she wouldn't shut up about him. She went awkward too when it was time for us to go, she dropped me off and she said "Hopefully see you sometime soon"

We didn't talk for a week after that, we've talked online since, and she sometimes seems really flirty or really sarcastic. She barely mentions her boyfriend anymore, and a few days ago I mentioned that I was deleting Facebook, she then asked if she could have my email and my number, and she said she wanted my number so that she could invite me to places whenever she goes somewhere.

Even my friend has said she seems a bit too flirty with me especially when she's in a relationship. She is respected a lot from my university, and a lot of people are on good terms with her, yet why would she invite me places and not them??

Am I friendzoned or is she unhappy with her relationship? I've heard from friends that they've been together for 3-4 years, so they can't be too unhappy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 388 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:54 pm
@Stroke2016,
Quote:
she seemed really excited to see me, she ran over to me, waved at me and started touching and stroking my hair.
Quote:
I was sitting in the front seat next to her and she touched my hand, when she touched it, we both went quiet for a minute,
Quote:
I did mention her boyfriend to her, and when she mentioned him, she kept changing the topic, it's as if she didn't want to talk about him,
Quote:
she dropped me off and she said "Hopefully see you sometime soon
Quote:
She barely mentions her boyfriend anymore
Quote:
she then asked if she could have my email and my number, and she said she wanted my number so that she could invite me to places whenever she goes somewhere
Quote:
Even my friend has said she seems a bit too flirty with me

Based on what you posted I can speculate what's going on. This is only a speculation. I think she is tired of her boyfriend. She might be on the verge of breaking up with her boyfriend. Also she probably wants you to be her new boyfriend. In other words, I thinks she is really in to you. This is only a speculation. I could be completely wrong about everything.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Am I being Friendzoned?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:18:43