old versus new system- EHR

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 10:14 am
Hello everyone, I am a nurse by profession and we have been using paper charts in our clinic until now. I Just need a bit of your opinion regarding EHR. Does it really carry more advantage than the traditional style? Do you know any software that you can recommend? TIA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 486 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 04:03 pm
@irisalert,
Hello,
initially it will be more work to enter data, but in the long run it's a definite plus to have an EHR system in place. Our employees were so against it in the beginning and now they would not work in a place where there is not an EHR system in place. It does make everyone's life so much easier - from the receptionist to medical staff to billing and physicians and ultimately patients who can log into their account via a dashboard and see some of their lab results, pay their co-pay etc. etc.

There are so many EHR systems out there, check around what's best in your area and what bigger hospitals use. I was in charge of selecting our EHR system and I chose eClinicalworks from Physician Select. It's a fairly easy system to use and doesn't cost as much as others. In the meantime, many small and big medical facilities use eClinicals which makes an exchange of information very easy.

Within a few years you can be completely paperless - something no one would have thought would be possible, but it is. You need a high quality scanner to get all patient info into the system to allocate to each patient and you need a dedicated fax line that runs through the system as well.

Dto. for credit card payments, there is an additional tool eClinical has that allows your receptionist to directly scan credit card payments to the patient account online. eClinical collaborates with a merchant bank whose rates are very competitive with any bank.

As a nurse, most of the features won't apply to you, but it will make your life easier, trust me. We've given our staff either tablets or laptops that are stationed in every exam room where you enter your data while you attend to patients.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 04:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well, that was right on target.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » old versus new system- EHR
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:47:07