I hate moving!!

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:46 pm
All this cleaning, walls, etc. Packing, hauling, moving. And I have all this to look forward to again when I arrive at my new place, except i'll be unpacking. A person never realizes how much crap they have in thier house until it's time to move it. Damn....lol....You know what i'm talkin' about!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 691 • Replies: 19
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:54 pm
we have been moved into our new home for about 6 weeks and I am guessing in another 5 yrs or so al the boxes will be umpacked, but then I am an optimist.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:55 pm
Just stacked'm all in a corner?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 01:59 pm
there is a fireplace in the LR. I know there is 'cause I saw it during the closing walk-through.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:00 pm
Winter is on it's way, might wanna tranfer the boxes elsewhere, you'll need that heat! Well, maybe not, you're from New Mexico!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:04 pm
Stand up- If you haven't used it in two years, you don't need it. This is a great time to get rid of the extraneous "stuff" that we all collect.

"When in doubt, throw it out"

It will make your life much easier. Good luck! Very Happy
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
I've been trying to throw stuff out....never know when I might wanna use somehting and it's not there! No, actually, i'm at the point where I want to throw everything away jsut so I don't have to pack it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:19 pm
I never liked moving - my wife moved more than a doze time - now, this is one of the few things :wink: we go conferm: no more moving.

I remember that about 25 big boxes stand on my balcony for about 4 month ... that was when the snow came :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:44 pm
Hate it hate it hate it.

Don't like the stuff part. Hate the saying goodbye to friends part.

That's only for moving too far away to easily visit, though.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:52 pm
I remember when sozobe moved out of her apartment in Minneapolis. She had all her stuff piled on an old truck and as she drove away we all waved.

It was a touching moment.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:54 pm
Shocked

[squinty-eyed who are you really]

Oh wait I didn't get my driver's license 'til 9 years later!

[relieved]
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:56 pm
We moved every couple of years when I was growing up. Absolutely hated it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:47 pm
Dys
Dys, quit yer bitchin. You haven't had to add a storage room on the back of the house to hold the unpacked boxes.

Life is good.

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:15 pm
I hate it, too. Most of all, I hate the disorientation of living in a new place.

Travel is great, but I must have a stable home base for peace of mind. I'm the sort of person who puts down deep roots.

The first time around I married someone who loved to move. We had 12 mailing addresses in 5 years. Moving was always his idea. That was one of the things I hated about him. I remember waking up in the morning and feeling homesick, but not knowing for where.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:08 pm
Hello everyone, I finally, finally got my internet hooked up today. (i've been in my new place for 2 weeks.....I hate sasktel) I've had nothing but problems getting my phone organized, and my house is still crazy, but in some aspects, things are looking up!
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:14 pm
I agree moving sucks. I'm moving for 6th or 7th time.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:16 pm
Tyrius wrote:

That's it!!....You're lucky!!
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:17 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Tyrius wrote:

That's it!!....You're lucky!!

I'm 14 tho i expect at least another 4-5 times in the next 10 years
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:24 pm
Ohh o.k, sounds like me at 14! I had probablly moved that many times too at that age. On a whole, I think moving so much during my childhood made me stronger as a person, but now i'm almost at the point in my life where i'd like to know I will always have the same house to come home to from where ever I am in the world.
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:00 pm
I hate moving as well, but I love moving house. It's so exciting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I hate moving!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:07:15