Col 294 stinker UK

margsy

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 05:11 am
~Can anybody please help me with these few clues
77d clownish behaviour (AU????N?R?)

246a infer from known facts (E?H?A??LATE)
would be grateful for any assistance.
)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 551 • Replies: 7
No top replies

timur

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 05:43 am
I extrapolate that it could be a pleasantry..
James34

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 10:10 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
My copy has already been sent, so cannot be of much help. Received the Collection yesterday. Did the Stinker today. Our weather has been dreadful since Saturday, rain and high winds, I think you have been luckier in Wales. Roll on Summer. Take care
James
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:28 am
@timur,
Thank you timur, but l am still stuck on 77d Clownish behaviour or am l misreading your post. Got a lot on my m ind at present and l am not seeming to function on all fronts. Thank you.
lmur

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 05:23 am
@margsy,
BUFFOONERY, I think. Check that 'A'.
margsy

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:52 am
@lmur,
Not more than ten minutes ago l arrived at the same answer, believe it or not l had been thinking on the lines of Boris Johnson, anyway l have not completed the crossword, after well over a week struggle (l have been unwell for several weeks now)and a few tweaks here and there finally completed it. Many thanks for your help. ttfn
lmur

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:10 pm
@margsy,
Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you're on the mend.
margsy

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:36 am
@lmur,
Thank you, l think doctor may well think that l have finally succumbed to diabetes, after years of being borderline, what a thing to have at my age. Got another blood test at end of month. But l have been very much boosted by the sudden appearance of a great grandson, my granddaughter, bubs mum, did not know she was expecting until a month ago- she thought it was anaemia-and then baby decided to arrive 5 weeks premature, good weight though just over 5lbs 5ozs. So am cheered by that but sad because l will not be able to be able to see him at all as they live in Australia and l can no longer take on such a long journey.
0 Replies