idea for getting of pollution that the gas industry wouldn't mind.

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:18 pm
So photosynthesis can be flipped either way and i was just wondering why we don't find a way to artificially produce chlorophyll so we can put them in missles and shoot them up into clouds to interact with all the co2 in the ozone causing it to change into sugars and water. why can't this take place in a cloud or on a body of water with just outside the plant. or artificially combine porphyrin with a magnesium ion, why wouldn't that work exactly. I'm saying why can't you synthetically produce the catalyst that causes this reaction to occur?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 312 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 03:48 am
What fuel would you use in the "missles"? And how many would you need? And how often would they need to be fired? And where would they fall?

0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 04:27 am
There could be significant pollution reduction if oil producers could find an economical way to sell gas coproduced by oil wells instead of flaring it into the atmosphere. Further reduction could happen if pipeline companies were better at fixing leaks of methane.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 04:46 am
Your premise is lawed. Chlorophyll does not convert CO2 into sugar and water. I can't imagine where you came up with that idea. Chlorophyll allows cyanobacteria, algae and plants to absorb photons of the light which falls on the earth (insolation) and to trade an electron, in the process giving off energy in the form of heat. The chlorophyll then strips an electron from a water molecule, releasing an -OH radical, which can then be used in the chloroplast to produce other chemicals which can breakdown CO2 to make sugars. Chlorophyll floating freely in the atmosphere (a truly hilarious idea) would breakdown pretty rapidly from insolation without releasing any useful energy for any process. In fact, i believe i am correct in stating that chlorophyll would not be stable in the ambient atmosphere, and would quickly cease to be chlorophyll.

You haven't put the cart before the horse, you've put an entire string of carriages before that poor, overworked horse.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 04:52 am
Wait . . . i didn't read your post closely enough the first time. You think there is CO2 in ozone? You flunked chemistry, huh?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » idea for getting of pollution that the gas industry wouldn't mind.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:57:43