I Make you Good Deal...Goood Deal...

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 10:31 am
Ever notice how Oriental rugs are always on sale, at a huge discount? Every Oriental rug
store I've ever driven by, has huge signs outside posting at least "50% Off!!!"

For example, there's one place down the street from my work that has been having a final
days liquidation sale for...the last three years. Right now, I could walk into that store
and "steal" an Oriental rug for 78% off. I don't know about you friends, but that sounds
like a deal to me.

Or gold at department stores. Always "30-60% off."

With those deals, I'm think I'm going to max out my credit card soon...and have ugly floor
decorations, too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 608 • Replies: 4
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 10:35 am
I used to work at a rug import store, we were definitely not selling rugs at sale prices.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 10:59 am
Ooh, carpet salesmen! They're almost as bad as car salesmen. (Er...)

Yeah, try Pasadena sometime. It's all "HUGE SALE!" all the time. When we first moved there I didn't know any better and actually went to one of 'em. (I like oriental rugs.) Immediate swooping down of salesman, "Hello madam, how are you this fine day? Tell me, what can I do so you take this beautiful rug home with you. A beautiful lady like you, need beautiful rug. See how beautiful. The color... so beautiful. This rug very, very high quality, but for you, I make a deal. How much you pay for this beautiful beautiful piece?"

I mention a sum that I know is on the low side but is all I'm willing to pay.

Eyes become steely. "Madam, you insult me. You insult me and the artist who make this rug. Hours and hours and hours of work. Such craftsmanship. Look! Feel! Ach, such an insult. It is worth 10 times that, 100 times that!"

Etc.

I didn't buy anything.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 11:29 am
i am still waiting for the nude on horseback in the bull-fight arena on velvet from the back of the truck in the Walmart parking lot to go on sale. you know, the one with elvis in the lower left hand corner. they come in "sofa size" and thats the one i want.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 12:03 pm
sozobe wrote:
Ooh, carpet salesmen! They're almost as bad as car salesmen. (Er...)

HEY! Well....actually, I wasn't so much a sales person as a slave laborer
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Make you Good Deal...Goood Deal...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:30:10