Letter of intent >Your opinion<

Halal

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 04:43 am
Graduate Admissions Committee

As a student who is ambitious, a team player and who has a future outlook, I aspire to pursue a Master's degree in CME at(XXX)University.

My enthusiasm towards communications geared my attention when a first base transceiver station was installed in my city, Mosul-Iraq in 2003. I was wondering, "how antennas and transmitters work? How Voice signals travel through the air? Does it interfere with the other signals?" At this point, curiosity prompted me to discover more about the communications field.

My undergraduate study in communications and computer engineering provided me with the knowledge and experience in both classes and laboratories. I became more exciting, especially, during the summer training that I did in one of the giant telecom operators in Iraq, which inspired me to learn the basics of a cellular principle, mobile network components, transmission, and RF planning and optimization. In addition, the bachelor thesis I made entitled “Simulation and Performance Measurement of Digital Communication System by Matlab,” discussed the digital communication system, the effects of the channel, protocols, noise, bit error rate vs. bit rate, intersymbol interference, eye diagram, equalization, and channel coding. Which obtained a certificate of appreciation in the annual students' scientific conference of (XXX) University.

Due to the horrific situation in Mosul because of ISIS, I relocated to Germany and applied for asylum in November of 2015. Then, I completed a German language course in Dekra Academy. And I joined the German integration course in Smart Academy.

My interest in the Master Program "CME" at the (XXX) has stood out for many reasons. The interdisciplinary nature of the program is attractive to me and will provide me with a substantial broader, and more understanding of all aspects of communications and multimedia. The program structure complies with internationally recognized Master’s programs and meets the requirements for subsequent doctoral studies. Thereby, the curriculum paves the way to research and advanced development in world-class academic institutions and industry. At the same time, the program stipulates intensive language courses in German to open the door to a career in German-speaking environments. Moreover, (XXX) is one of Germany’s leading research universities with outstanding performance in research, which handle high-level programs with the Department's full professors, all of them have international experience and most of them are IEEE fellows.

I strive to pursue a Ph.D. degree after completion of the M.Sc. program in CME, and utilizing my theoretical background and creativity for challenging research and development tasks in these areas among global companies, especially in Germany, which has several big players in this field.

Overall, I believe that my solid basis and working knowledge prepared me for the demands of the CME program at (XXX). As I showed, I have a strong interest in this field for a long time, I learned and strived under the pressures of advanced coursework, strongly desire to continue my further education, and I’m eager to start contributing to producing quality research that reflects (XXX)’s high standards. Finally, thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 459 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 11:31 am
@Halal,
Hal, I'm very impressed, and for one would like to know what brought you to a2k while I'd welcome any q's
dalehileman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 04:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Hal, sorry but I can't. Still I don't understand what's wrong with it
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:50 pm
@Halal,
Umm, you left us all speechless apparently...still trying to find a question in all your impressive qualifications and hard work.
roger

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 07:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I didn't see a question or request for help, either.
0 Replies

Halal

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 04:23 am
@Halal,
Sorry, guys I post in the wrong place. I don't have any Q. And I can't edit or remove the team service told me you can't remove it.
Setanta

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 04:30 am
Are people a little thick here? Halal is asking for peoples' opinions--you know, an opinion on the letter of intent? I'm more interested in why he would choose Halal as a screen name. Is he saying that he is permitted? It is an odd choice in my opinion.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 11:25 am
@Halal,
Quote:
I don't have any Q
Sorry Hal that I'm one of the foregoing thickies. However as [email protected] if you're in fear of ID, I nonetheless welcome any sort of com

Yes I am considered an idiot for revealing it, if not for other equally valid reasons

As for removal, many of us are troubled by it. So fellas if you're listening I suggest a system where old timers like me or possibly also newcomers like Hal get special dispensation

Oh and Hal, with but the most enthusiastic welcome am curious what drew you to a2k

Quote:
"how antennas and transmitters work?...
One of my lifetime pursuits so be most happy to elaborate

Edited to remark it's my really bad habit to respond before reading. Considering your qualifications clearly you doubtless know more about such stuff than I, a mere hobbiest
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Letter of intent >Your opinion<
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 01:02:39