Discipline

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:00 pm
What is a type of discipline that work? I've tried positive reinforcement grounding and taking things away nothing seems to work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,194 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Linkat

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:24 pm
@Irafrank72,
Depends on the situation, what impacts your child or age of the child - what they did wrong, what is something that would have an impact...taking the phone away tends to have a huge impact on tweens and teens as this is their lifeline with their peers; for some kids just letting them know you are disappointed is enough; maybe having them write an essay about what they did wrong?

To me it has to be impactful - what will hit one kid will not another...one kid won't care if he needs to stay in the house all day, whereas another it would be a life sentence. What is important to your child that taking away or rewarding would impact them?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:43 pm
@Irafrank72,
What kind of behaviour are you trying to encourage/discourage?

I saw on another post that your child is six years old. Have you done reading on developmental stages? it may help you determine what might work with your child.

Bottom line, it's very child-specific.
0 Replies

Cinderellie74

Wed 4 May, 2016 02:08 pm
@Irafrank72,
I agree. Discipline is child-specific in many ways. It also depends on the "crime"... what the child did wrong or the behavior you want to change and the age of the child. You could try asking them what they think their punishment should be. Kids are harder on themselves then parents are. Time outs in the corner or room or a chair away from others. Taking things away has to be something they really enjoy and that will make an impact as someone mentioned already. Whatever you do it will take patience and consistency (the latter not being my strong suit) and time. Lots of luck. Kids aren't easy for sure but we love them no matter what. :-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Discipline
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:30:46