If I had more time I would...

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:29 am
So I was thinking the other day that there just aren't enough hours in the day. I figure I need at least another 12 hours per day to get everything done. So then I was thinking what can I do about this. I can't quit sleeping or eating. Although I could use more free time, not working isn't an option either. I can't give up housework...what would I eat off of - what would I wear?

So here is my idea. We need to slow down the rotation of the earth. This would not only give us more hours in the day but help the world in general. Longer days for crops to grow. Stores would be open longer and would create more jobs. Just think of everything that you could get done in a 36 hour day.

What do you think? What would you do with a nextra 12 hours a day?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 408 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:37 am
Sleep more, play more video games, find new reasons to avoid house-cleaning and laundry . . .
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:54 am
The only problem is that we would probably still require the same amount of sleep punctuating a wakeful state. If we had thirty-six hour days, the chances are that we'd behave as if each day were a day and a half...

But, enough with pedantics. I'd spend more time here, and go to more random places.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:56 am
My sleep pattern is roughly 36 hours anyway. I could use a little more night though, time to sleep and time to enjoy the nigh tlife.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If I had more time I would...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:32:41