"Dragon" or "loong"

lanyang

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:07 am
which one is better?is discussing about the different meaningless or meaningful?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 509 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:19 am
@lanyang,
Perhaps you might rephrase the question. I don't understand what you are asking, though someone else might.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:39 am
What the hell is a "loong" supposed to be?
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:37 am
@Setanta,
Something of good length in Glasgow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:43 am
It were a loooooong time before i got me key in the door.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 06:09 am
@lanyang,
Loong is not an English word (whereas dragon is). Loong is Chinese and as such, most of the audience here are not speakers of any dialect of Chinese so we're in the dark.

I just looked it up and found the following:
"Loong is spiritually linked to the Chinese and highly regarded as the Chinese nation symbol. Chinese are proud of been called "descendants of Loong".

Mythical creatures portrayed in ancient Chinese culture, with head of a horse, horns of a deer, ears of cattle, body of a snake, scales of a carp, claws of a hawk, palms of a tiger, with whiskers and beard but NO wings, capable of altering itself in size, length and color . Highly mobile in water as well as among clouds. It is generally regarded as benevolent and the source of rain, thunder and lightning. "
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 07:17 am
Why would a Chinese student some to a web site primarily inhabited by English speaking people to learn about obscure aspects of his own culture? It passeth understanding.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » "Dragon" or "loong"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:31:19