Republic of Congo Geology

xamageo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 06:44 am
Hello,

I'am looking for information of Republic of Congo Geology (Not Democratic republic of Congo). I have found some geologic web maps, but they were very old or they haven't litologies.
I need a good map and/or the geological history. I need informations about Pointe-Noire zone (specifically), but maybe information (geological map, stratigraphy, gaological history) about hole country is enough.

Please, if someone know some web, article, or some information about this topic, please tell me.

Thank you in advance for your help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,285 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 12:05 pm
@xamageo,
The USGS publishes minerl yeqrbooks for most of the world's countries. There is q series for the DRC and RC, SO ID start there because in the bibliography, they will usually list the recent maps and sources.

Ive got numbered access to specific journals but Im not going to go there because I need my access for my own work . Theres plenty of free access to USGS mineral yeqrbooks which list the geologic provinces. If youre a geo studet, its just as important to acquaint yourself with the literature and informational resources to the information you seek as it is to commit the stuff to memory.

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 12:16 pm
@farmerman,
heres a map of the whole continent. You can go to specific spots and then call up the geol maps involved. Its a USGS product from German sources

http://www.uni-koeln.de/sfb389/e/e1/download/geologie/afrika_gesamt/Geol_Africa.pdf
0 Replies

xamageo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:27 am
Thank you very much for your advices and your help
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Republic of Congo Geology
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:19:17