Blocking a Friend on Facebook

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 03:46 pm
I don't take it lightly on ending a friendship, hell it might already be over but I wanted other input on the subject. I'm 25 and I just got into nursing school, I live in costly area and so my friend from college said that I could live with her and her husband for cheap. I was excited and I had lived with her before during college. Well fast forward, I didn't know that they where having martial problems and also didn't know her husband was bipolar. They would fight and one night he got mad and he put his fist threw my bedroom door and broke a bunch of furniture. He also threw the dog that was in a kennel across the room. He also will call my friend a bunch of times and if she doesn't pick up the first time, he will start calling her a whore and ****. He would verbally abuse her and she would make excuses for him all the time. He also gave her curfew that she had to be back by a certain time. They also have two dogs and one is 1 1/2 year old husky that they would never take for walks and it would go to the bathroom on the patio that would fall to the cracks of the neighbors area and onto the grill is was also right outside my window which constantly smelled of dog poo. To make matters worst they have 2 cats that would pee everywhere and the apartment smelled disgusting. I told her I was moving out and she got mad at me telling me i was abandoning her and everyone in her family leaves her. We haven't spoken since I moved out, well other than the facebook messages she keeps leaving me, that I don't respond too. I'm trying to decide if I should cut all ties with her and also block her on facebook?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,582 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 04:14 pm
@ellamay2016,
She's obviously in an abusive situation (as are her animals), and this may very well be her first attempt to reach out to someone for help. Good for her, but you are under no obligation whatsoever to fix her and her problems.

You need to get out of there as quickly as possible if you have not already. Just leave. This is your own personal safety we are talking about. There is no wiggle room. Period.

As for what to do, you could potentially be doing an enormous favor (or not, perhaps) by calling the cops on your way out the door. Will he take it out on her? Possibly, but at least the authorities will be in on it. Call Animal Control as well. The dogs and cats don't deserve to live that way, either.

You cannot fix her, but she is a grown woman, even if damaged. The animals, however, are in no position to ever help themselves. Plus your neighbors are innocent in all of this.

But get a new place first. Make it a priority - do it yesterday. You do not have to be a part of this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 04:20 pm
@ellamay2016,
You've moved out.

Did you do anything to help her and the animals as you left? did you report all of this to the police and animal control? please do.

She's reaching out to you on FB. As long as she is not being abusive to you, why not maintain the slight friendship?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Blocking a Friend on Facebook
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:00:37