Artificial economy

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 07:09 am
I am finding it difficult to understand and find information about artificial economy. Can some one help me out please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 363 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Kylevidal7

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 08:50 am
@Kylevidal7,
Is it part of protectionism ?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:04 am
@Kylevidal7,
I don't see any specific references to this term. I have run into the term "artificial economic pressure" meaning policy or regulations that interfere with economic processes (for example healthcare).

I suppose if you believe that the free market is "natural" economics, than putting tariffs on certain products could be considered "artificial". You will have to make a more specific and interesting question to get much discussion on the topic.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:11 am
@Kylevidal7,
I take that back. I just found a reference to artificial economics referring to a field in Artificial Intelligence. This would refer to an economy maintained by computer programs....

That sounds cool to me.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 09:48 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This would refer to an economy maintained by computer programs....

That sounds cool to me.
I'd be worried.

Almost all my economic activity would be deemed 'unproductive' and probably banned.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 04:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Almost all my economic activity would be deemed 'unproductive' and probably banned.

The depends on who wrote the computer programs Wink
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 05:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The depends on who wrote the computer programs Wink

Or who was paying the programmers.. :-)
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 06:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
If I am the programmer who is programming the economy, I don't think it matters who is paying me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Artificial economy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:01:53