AWRIGHT THAT'S IT! I'M PO'ED!

quinn1

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 04:47 pm
sensical....I like it Smile learn it live it love it

I also put the items on the conveyor in such as way as to have it go down in a manner best for bagging....I even proportion it out so that its heavy canned goods, some stuff to go on top, next bag boxed goods, stuff to go on top, next bag with non food, next all refridgerated....it doesnt matter...the cashier grabs stuff off and throws it in a plastic bag...one or two items...while the bagger is trying to get as far away from me as possible since the fifth time of 'paper & plastic and fill it up please' now has them thinking Im insane.
Of course Im insane..if theres time I even take the time to turn the UPCs in such a way as to make it easier for the cashier.
Theres nothing like obsession.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:04 pm
why not load your groceries onto the belt in order, retain the eggs and soft vegies until the end so they almost HAVE to end up on top....?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:05 pm
oh wouldja lookit that..... I forgot about that Cass.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:19 pm
yes..one of my peeves
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 06:07 pm
When I was a boy, I worked for $7 per day. I don't know what minimum wage was in 1959, but that money didn't go far. If we worked eight or ten hours per day, it was immaterial. Even then I got shortchanged more times than I would like to admit. But, bottom line, I worked as hard for that $7 as I would have had they paid me $7 per hour. I believe a person tells who they are by how they handle things like that. If a bagger is contemtuous of people, he is apt to be the same when he gets the big bucks.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 07:23 pm
yeah... I done time baggin' groceries.

These days, I live just round the corner from the local small super... walk there and carry my own.

Paper or Plastic?
Canvas!

That gets their attention.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 08:13 pm
Hey, some of my best friends have been baggers. My youngest brother did quite a lot of it. He was so meticulous that customers got tired of waiting on him.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 08:57 pm
The baggers at my grocery store are great.....doesn't hurt that most of them are teen-agers and I just give'em the MOM look before they even touch my stuff.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 06:48 am
Maybe one of the reasons that the baggers are so good at my Publix, is that most of them are retirees, looking to either make a few bucks, or just keep busy. They come from "the old school" where people took work seriously. There IS one sourpuss bagger, who does his job, but lacks the friendly "spark". I avoid his line, whenever I can.

My favorite bagger is Bessie, a dumpling of a lady about 5 feet tall- and sharp as a whip. The first time that she offered to take my bundles to my car (its a free service of the store) I was humiliated. She looked liked she was old enough to be my mother. Sunday I found out that she IS old enough to be my mother. She's 83!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 06:51 am
We dont have baggers in LOndon. And no paper bags either. So it is big trouble for me when I go grocery shopping, as due to my thickish fingers, I have a major problem in opening the stuck ends of the plastic bags. In the end the checkout assistant gets up, gives me a dirty look and helps me bag my stuff - usually they are pretty good, but I just hate it when they put some heavy stuff on top of my bread loaf, and it goes completely out of shape. I like my toast to be a perfect square.......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:20 am
Square bread is a civil right.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 12:58 pm
Gautam, we don't have baggers in Germany either. And no cashier would ever get up and help you. No Sir! They might just shove your things into your cart - no matter what it is - all of it with one shove.

But we usually have a choice of bags :-) Paper, plastic, the insulated ones for frozen stuff - you have to get them in the store, though, next to the freezers.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:10:26