Ten Months Later

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:43 pm
So, ten months later after my original posts about the bi-polar ex-gf. Never heard from her again. Thankful.

Met someone on Match. She's a senior NCO in the Army. Has a kid and has been married twice. Very pleasant to speak with on the phone. Texts me every morning, midday, evening...or calls and we talk until midnight or 1 am. Haven't met yet (been two weeks of telephone calls). She's very busy all the time with her job and son. She lives an hour away. It has not been suggested, "Why don't you come up for a visit, Jim?" (she is either at work or with her son) She was supposed to meet me today in my town, but at the last moment, her son got sick. Her brother is visiting in two weeks, so that might provide an opening to at least meet. (the brother can watch the son and would give her and I a chance to go out for a lunch or dinner).

So, just go with it or just become a bit more distant? Sounds like a nice person that is just too busy, right? My thought is just be a phone/text friend, if that is possible, and that's about it. I don't want to just be an ear into which she can complain, though. Your thoughts?

On another note...I don't even know why I bother trying to meet someone. Everyone is very busy living their own lives with little time for another. That's the sense I get. What I hear/see is more of: "Here is my reality. Deal with it if you want to know me." That would be fine, but the addendum is: "Be prepared to fit around my schedule." It seems that they want a relationship, but don't have the time. So, when you do eventually meet, it is: "I have an hour. You can buy me dinner and a drink, and I'm either going to tell you that it ain't going to work, or I am going to bed you so that you'll want more." Experienced both several times. Kind of depressing. Kind of a primitive dating ritual.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 279 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ten Months Later
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:19:12