Dying Dark Brown Hair To a Vibrant Red

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 09:08 am
Hi, I have naturally thick curly hair(think Merida from Pixar's Brave) and my hair is currently dark brown that has been dyed and bleached multiple times in the past couple of years. My natural hair color is a dark blonde/light brown that has been grown out for a couple months. Last night I Dyed my hair using Loreal Hicolor Highlights in Magenta and Intense red on my hair, and Ions Color Brilliance in an ashy brown on my roots. I used these both with 20 vol developer and let it sit for 30-40 min. When my hair dried I noticed it is more of a red tone(auburn), not a vibrant red color. I have seen many people achieve this bright, rich red using this dye. what is your recommendation? As of now, I plan on redoing the red dye process but leaving it on longer or going out to buy 30 volume developer and trying it. my hair is still in very healthy shape thanks to pre and post treatments every time I've dyed my hair. The desired hair color is like a Rihanna red, or Ariel. what's your advice? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,718 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dying Dark Brown Hair To a Vibrant Red
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:27:55