It's Friday The 13th

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 03:18 am
It's Friday the 13th, I'm not leaving my house today, I have enough bad luck! Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,255 • Replies: 53
No top replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 03:23 am
13's my lucky number.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 03:27 am
fortune wrote:
13's my lucky number.

69 is my lucky number! Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:29 am
Mine too, Fortune. I was born on the 13th, and an Italian nurse was there. She said that that number was blessed where she comes from.

It's funny/stupid where we get these connotations...

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:00 am
I'm singing in the rain.....

big gig tonight...good times....big fun......I just boil a black cat...say a few incantations.....bingo!!!! I'm protected......don't tell squinney about the cat though.......
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:08 am
I'm not superstitious.
dròm_et_rêve wrote:

It's funny/stupid where we get these connotations...

well, paraskavedekatriaphobia. It is a form of triskaidekaphobia,fear from the number thirteen.
Because of many reasons, among other that Adam and Eve ate the forbidden apple on this day or Jesus died on the cross.

But: In Spain, there is Tuesday13th the bad luck day...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:12 am
How do they know that it was the thirteenth day and a Friday, when the dating was all different?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:13 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

big gig tonight...good times....big fun......I just boil a black cat...say a few incantations.....bingo!!!! I'm protected......don't tell squinney about the cat though.......

Fantastic, Bear. Where are you playing? Have you your lineup/replacement members sorted, or did the people who left come back?

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:14 am
I seem to remember a story I heard as a child about 12 gods who sat down to dinner. Then the thirteenth showed up uninvited and spoiled everything.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:19 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Fantastic, Bear. Where are you playing? Have you your lineup/replacement members sorted, or did the people who left come back?

everyone is replaced, better than ever.....playing locally......filming for some promo material...expecting a packed house....it's a regular club gig though.....got a real good up and coming band opening for us....good times...
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:26 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
How do they know that it was the thirteenth day and a Friday, when the dating was all different?

That are rather specs.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:31 am
Bear wrote:

everyone is replaced, better than ever.....playing locally......filming for some promo material...expecting a packed house....it's a regular club gig though.....got a real good up and coming band opening for us....good times...

It sounds great, BPB; I'm sure that you'll rock them. Do you usually go out on the town after a gig?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
Thok wrote:
That are rather specs.

What are specs, sorry, Thok?

0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
Friday 13th is a good day. my youngest daughter was born on a friday 13th, in october no less.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:33 am
fortune wrote:
I seem to remember a story I heard as a child about 12 gods who sat down to dinner. Then the thirteenth showed up uninvited and spoiled everything.

They would blame it on the Uninvitee. It might have just been the other twelves' attitudes that ruined it for themselves Very Happy.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:35 am
I don't believe in bad luck days, and oh no! That truck is....
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:17 am
I love Friday the 13th.

Hope everyone has an awful day. Wink

Cheers.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:41 am
I hadn't even noticed it was Friday 13th until I saw this thread.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:46 am
Many Christians believe that Friday is a bad number because Judas was the 13th apostle to arrive at the last supper. I believe it also has something to do with Norse mythology or something.

Personally, I like Friday the 13th. It's like everyone's personality changes and people act really weird. Kinda fun.

And people who are born on this day are said to be lucky!!

Friday the 13th: Interesting

Friday came to be called "witches' Sabbath." For it was believed that on this day, each week, twelve witches and the Devil met - thirteen evil spirits up to no good!

The Scandinavian belief that the number 13 signified bad luck sprang from their mythological 12 demigods, who were joined by a 13th demigod, Loki, an evil cruel one, who brought upon humans great misfortune.

HHmmm...coincidence??? Did you know that the serial murderers Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy, Albert De Salvo, Harvey Glatman, Herman Mudgett, Herbert Mullin, Daniel Rolling, Lucian Staniak, Peter Sutcliffe, Wayne Williams all have 13 letters in their names?.

The Code of Hammurabi, ca. 1686 BC is one of the earliest sets of laws found, and one of the best preserved examples of this type of document from ancient Mesopotamia. The Mesopotamian Code of Hammurabi (ca. 1686 BC) omits 13 in its numbered list.

The ill- fated Apollo 13 space mission was launched at 1313 hours (central time), from pad 39 ( the 3rd multiple of 13) and had to be aborted on April 13, 1970.

Buildings will often use names for certain floors to avoid giving a floor on the building the 13th floor designation. One such example is the APAC Building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The building is 14 stories tall. However, the ground floor is called the Lobby. Because the city's downtown skywalk system connects to the building on the second floor, that floor is referred to as the Skywalk Floor. The third floor of the building is referred to as 1st Floor. The 13th floor is referred to as the 11th Floor. The top level - or the 14th floor - of the building is referred to as 12th Floor.

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:51 am
My friend Jason was going to come over for lunch today, but I think I'll cancel.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's Friday The 13th
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:54:36