Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 03:18 pm
In Jacob Have I Loved, what do you see as the main differences and similarities between Sara Louise and Caroline?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,858 • Replies: 6
No top replies

helphelphelphelp

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 04:17 pm
@helphelphelphelp,
So far no one on the internet has answered this question. What a surprise!!
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 04:51 pm
The reason is that people understand (better than you do, clearly) that you have to do your own school work, in order to learn anything. Questions like yours annoy many people. Plus you are a jerk for waiting only 59 minutes before whining. Let me guess - assignment deadline Monday morning?

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 04:53 pm
@helphelphelphelp,
We have no idea who or what you are talking about. You are at a website with hundreds of forums (tags that lead to many threads) with posters around the world.

Help you do what?
Have you been on the internet before?
How old are you? (approximately, it is useful for us to know if you are thirteen or seventy three.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 05:04 pm
@helphelphelphelp,
helphelphelphelp wrote:

You probably haven't read the book yet. What a surprise!!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 05:06 pm
@chai2,
It's a book?

We should, cough, probably put that in the tags.

I figured she was heartbroken over Jake.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 12:40 am
Quote:

Never fear help is here.

In Katherine Paterson's " Jacob Have I Loved", there is a strong feeling of jealousy between the main character, Louise and her younger twin sister, Caroline. From the day of their birth, Louise has been envious of all the attention her sister has gotten. She feels left out, neglected, and taken for granted by her parents, grandmother and everyone else on small Rass Island in the Chesapeake Bay. Caroline deprived her of all her dreams and the love of those she cared for. Because of these feelings, Louise slowly sees her jealousy turn into hate and knows that she can't live with her twin any longer. As soon as they were born, Caroline stole the show. Louise was born first, a nice, healthy baby. She was cleaned and set aside because a problem arose with the second child. Caroline had some difficulty being born and demanded everyone's care and attention. From then on, whenever Caroline was ill, they all were extremely cautious because they valued her life. Caroline's interests and needs were always put before those of Louise being that she was almost lost to them. Louise had always dreamed of going to a boarding school and continuing her education inland. She saved up some of her hard earned money secretly for this purpose. When the chance came along for one of the twins to go, Caroline was chosen as a matter of course so she could continue her singing lessons without anyone asking if Louise would like to go. Louise's one friend was "stolen" from her by her sister. During their childhood, Caroline never had anything to do with him but as they grew older, she captured the heart of the only man Louise thought she would have ever married. Alone in a world where she felt she didn't belong, Louise finally leaves her island to find a place where she feels at home. Away from the water she was born to live on, she meets the man she loves. Without her twin, Louise feels like her own person, not like Caroline's sister

http://www.novelguide.com/reportessay/literature/novels/jacob-have-i-loved

http://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-jacob-have-i-loved/#gsc.tab=0
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Jacob Have I Loved
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:15:23