Do you guys think this act is racism or just not a problem at all

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:17 pm
OK. So I was walking back from school, and there were lot people clouding out. So a guy accidently pushed me and his friend said 'why did you bump into that poor asian kid.' I felt realllllyyyy bad but I'm not sure they just say this alot and don't think of this as a problem because I just came from Korea and don't know stuff. What do you guys think? is this racism or just really not a problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 372 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:28 pm
1. What is clouding out? 2. Are you asking if calling you an 'Asian kid' was racist? Certainly the 'Asian' part was unnecessary. Saying 'gook' like some Americans do would be definitely racist.

In England where I live, calling someone African or South Asian or East Asian is just descriptive and not considered racist, but I think maybe you are in the States?

wanttoknow2

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:31 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
ok. So there were lots of kids getting out of school so a guy accidently bumped into me by accident and his friend said "Why did you bump into that poor asian kid."
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:34 pm
Picking you out as being Asian is racist in my opinion.

wanttoknow2

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:40 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Yes I know the bumping was a accident but his friend said something about poor asian or something
0 Replies

wanttoknow2

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:48 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
ok. But like a while ago before you edited your answer you just said calling me asian because im asian is a no problem at all. Did you just change your opinion or something
wanttoknow2

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:50 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
editing your answer wasn't necessary by the way
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:57 pm
@wanttoknow2,
The guy who said poor asian kid might have been sympathetic to you, and irritated with his friend for accidentally bumping into you. How do we know, we cannot hear tone of voice, or see the look on his face.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2016 04:59 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Talk to your homeroom teacher or principal about this.

0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 01:49 am
@wanttoknow2,
I edited my post because I know in the USA it is different from where I live
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 10:05 am
"Why did you bump into that poor Asian kid"?

The situation took place in a crowd. It just might be an identification thing, such as pointing out "that blond girl."

A "racist" comment would have been derogatory or intending to hurt you.

If he would have said, "Let's push the poor Asian kid" that would have been racist.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you guys think this act is racism or just not a problem at all
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:49:04