What does "Queen1" mean here?

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:47 am

Context:
THREE "Great" Monotheisms? I Think Not
Friday, August 22, 2008 at 06:16PM
Queen1 in Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Western Civilization, monotheism
I am just delving into Andy McCarthy’s book Willful Blindness, but already his scholarship confirms
what those of us unpersuaded by pro-Muslim, Western intellectual apologists perceive about Islam.
Islam is not one of the world’s great faith traditions, sibling to Judaism and Christianity in its
monotheism and its celebration of the unique relationship between God and His creation—most
especially that between God and man. Islam is, in fact, the antithesis of Judaism and Christianity, the
latter two sharing so much more than merely a belief in one God.

More:
http://sites.la.utexas.edu/mhc/files/2010/03/Chavez_ThreeGreatMonotheisms.pdf
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 336 • Replies: 5
No top replies

FBM

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:04 am
@oristarA,
I can't find any clue in the linked article.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:10 am
I suspect it is the user name of someone responding to a blog post. When you hover your mouse at the top of the page, a drop-down bar shows: "Chavez_Three Great Monotheisms"--Chavez may be the author of the original blog post.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:14 am
Not a scholarly paper despite being hosted at an .edu domain. A piece of crazy ranting copy-pasted from the web. Queen1 is in the typical format of a login or screen name (like "OristarA" or "Tes yeux noirs" or "sexygirl999"). If you Google for this block of text : I am just delving into Andy McCarthy’s book Willful Blindness , but already his scholarship confirms you find the same text posted on a number of islamophobe or far-right forums around 2008. On The New Republic it was claimed by someone with screen name "When we are Queen".

oristarA

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:30 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

Not a scholarly paper despite being hosted at an .edu domain. A piece of crazy ranting copy-pasted from the web. Queen1 is in the typical format of a login or screen name (like "OristarA" or "Tes yeux noirs" or "sexygirl999"). If you Google for this block of text : I am just delving into Andy McCarthy’s book Willful Blindness , but already his scholarship confirms you find the same text posted on a number of islamophobe or far-right forums around 2008. On The New Republic it was claimed by someone with screen name "When we are Queen".

That is possible. A nickname for the user ID WhenWeAreQueen.

Thank you all.

Quote:

Three Great Monotheist Faiths?
WhenWeAreQueen ^ | August 22, 2008 | pharmamom
Posted on 2008/8/24 上午2:57:09 by pharmamom

I am just delving into Andy McCarthy’s book Willful Blindness, but already his scholarship confirms what those of us unpersuaded by pro-Muslim, Western intellectual apologists perceive about Islam. Islam is not one of the world’s great faith traditions, sibling to Judaism and Christianity in its monotheism and its celebration of the unique relationship between God and His creation—most especially that between God and man. Islam is, in fact, the antithesis of Judaism and Christianity, the latter two sharing so much more than merely a belief in one God.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:41 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
A nickname for the user ID WhenWeAreQueen.

Or Queen1 could be an alternative user name employed by that person or someone else on a defunct forum. A number of links lead to dead pages.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What does "Queen1" mean here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:27:30