What Americans think of the British

Tuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:55 pm
It's pretty much this:

If you agree, please share your favorite soul music.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 326 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tuna

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:33 pm
36 views and no comments?

If you're American, what do you think of the British?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:38 pm
@Tuna,
Okay, I'll bite. I've visited the UK often during my traveling days, and London was one of my favorite destinations for many reasons including the fact that we 'speak' the same language. More than that, the museums and theaters in London was a huge attraction for me. Even saw the MOUSE TRAP in its 35th year. Even met some a2kers at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on one of my visits. Sad to say, many have disappeared from a2k.

I remember a time when the food in London wasn't that palatable; a sandwich would have one thin slice of meat. I always enjoyed the fish and chips when they wrapped it in newspaper. Pub food was always good!

I like the Brits as I do all cultures that I've come in contact with.
Tuna

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They also do breakfast the way an American would.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 08:45 pm
@Tuna,
Not really; a British breakfast usually includes beans.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 09:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What's not to like. Some of my favorite posters are British Citizens. I like Izzy, Lordyaswas and Vonny. Oh, there are a few others that I like, but they don't visit very often and I'd have to check my profile to list their names. Does any else remember John (old and new)? He was lovely and we would share thoughts about English Springer Spaniels.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Americans think of the British
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:20:02