Forward or back

Eva

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:01 pm
Okay, I'll answer only if I can change the parameters and give myself a round-trip ticket.

I wouldn't want to see the future. I wouldn't understand it, most likely, since I wouldn't know what had happened between now and then. Besides, the future seems to be galloping toward me fast enough as it is.

I'd visit the past. Not because of regrets, but because I'd like to find some answers, especially about family history. What exactly were the circumstances that led my great-grandfather to leave Ireland? Who were his family & relatives? Where did my husband's middle name come from (it's been handed down through the generations, but the meaning has been lost.) And so on....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:55 pm
As I said, I would pick now instead of past and future, but I would like to understand now much better than I do now or in the evermoving now.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 03:59 am
Space ships and robots for me! All those phosisticated technolologies.... ah, I can dream can't I?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
Future thinkers don't try to predict the future apparently.

(Where is that damned personal helicopter I was promised by Popular Mechanics!!?)

I just surfed through a site about the future of the Olympics,
musings as to whether in 2052 computer-athletes ought to be able to compete or in 2025 it would be good to hold the Olympics all over the world at the same time - six cities, one on each continent - all linked by the Internet. , I'm feeling a little cheated that I won't be able to a write a fierce series of emails defending the entry of the Canadian Basketball Team consisting completely of clones in 2123.

Joe
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:49 am
Hey, maybe you can clone yourself, Joe.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 12:15 pm
You mean so I can double date?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 12:43 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
...computer-athletes ought to be able to compete or in 2025...

Would there be tests for RAM enhancing drugs?

I would have to go foward. Although my life isn't perfect I have a wonderful wife and a great family...I would hate to mess that up by doing something I wasn't supposed to do in the past.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:13 pm
I have nothing to lose, i'd go back to the past. Being 8 was wonderful. I was independant, and had no bills to pay!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 05:02 am
Very Happy

And you'd have another shot at hitting that home run in the game against the sixth graders.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Forward or back
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 07:58:38