I'm looking for a smallish system that will play from my iPad and iPhone by wifi but also CDs

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 03:03 am
I have been looking at sonos speakers online, but would also like to play my CDs without having to get them on my computer.

I like good sound but my hearing is poor so I don't need, nor can I afford, really high end stuff.

Any thoughts?

Thank you to anyone who helps!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 367 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 03:04 am
I'm kind of a tech ignoramus so sorry if I have phrased the question stupidly
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 08:29 am
@dlowan,
With me being a dinosaur regarding such things, my lad scratched his head when I wanted the exact same thing recently, and asked me to give a simple sound dock a go, whilst joining something like spotify.

I haven't touched a CD since, and have spent many a happy hour searching spotify for rare and obscure tracks from my past, and sticking them on my now extensive playlist.

No need to download and store, just find, add to playlist and play them whenever you want. As long as you are online, you can literally find and play millions of tracks over hundreds of genre.

This sound dock sounds amazing, and cost me about £80.

Spotify costs me just under a tenner a month. (But is free if you are prepared to listen to their adverts now and then.)

Good luck.

From Amazon.......Pure Contour i1 Air Airplay Streaming System Docking Speaker Station for All Apple Items
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 10:54 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you. I have a sound dock, but i am wanting something that will also play CDs and I am quite keen on having one that plays from my ipad or iphone without docking.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 11:00 pm
@dlowan,
Airplay or bluetooth enabled speakers will allow you to stream audio from your iOS devices wirelessly. As for the CD requirement that is the tough part, haven't played a CD in a decade and IMO you should just get a cheap secondary device for that (can plug into the speakers).

I have used Apple's Airport Express routers and Apple TV's for Airplay and use a Bose SoundLink Mini as a portable Bluetooth speaker (I often take it to the beach, or pool. It will fill a tennis court with sound).
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 01:06 am
@dlowan,
The one I recommended is also bluetooth, and pairing the tablet or phone with it is really easy.

Robert's bose has a fantastic sound, but if you are after great value for money whilst shopping on a budget, then the Pure one is about as good as it gets.

Google some reviews on various bluetooth docks, as Oz may have some different makes available.

CDs to me are now a fading memory.....a bit like vinyl.

Good luck.
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 03:19 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks...good idea.

Been thinking Bose....actually I have some great Bose speakers on computer.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 03:22 am
@Lordyaswas,
Pure? I'll look it up.

I have lots of CDs and I like to be able to play them as well

Vinyl is back big time, by the way!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm looking for a smallish system that will play from my iPad and iPhone by wifi but also CDs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:46:34