The New A2K Site and Medical Questions?

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:44 am
@Miller,
The answer to this question is yes. There is no rule against asking and answering medical or legal questions. The information on these sites cannot be construed as medical or legal advice and that is why it is in the TOS that we do not provide medical advice but there is absolutely no reason for us to try to stop users from giving opinion or information and this is currently an area of moderation policy that needs to improve.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:52 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
When it spills over into medical advice (and really, if you're in the field, you should know the difference between the stuff you can't charge for, and the stuff where you can), it's against the TOS.

This is simply incorrect, it is NOT against the TOS. The TOS clause prohibits users from TAKING advice here as professional medical or legal advice and establishes all opinions given as informational only, it does not and should not seek to restrict people's posts. It is ONLY a caveat to cover the site for legal liability and if moderators are going around telling people to stop posting on these threads these mods are doing so in error.
jespah

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2015 12:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
My error; thank you for clarifying.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 10:26 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thank you, Robert.
0 Replies

Tuna

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 11:29 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

In the Boston area( USA), many of the Harvard-trained MDs correspond with their patients over the internet. It's fast and it's reliable. If the patient presents with a serious problem, referral is made to an ER.

Hopefully they only do that for patients who have received a physical in the last year.
Miller

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:30 am
@Tuna,
Tuna wrote:

Miller wrote:

In the Boston area( USA), many of the Harvard-trained MDs correspond with their patients over the internet. It's fast and it's reliable. If the patient presents with a serious problem, referral is made to an ER.

Hopefully they only do that for patients who have received a physical in the last year.

Hopefully they have insurance.
Tuna

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:49 am
@Miller,
The doctors or the patients?
Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 06:04 pm
Is this the new humor community??
Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:57 am
@Tuna,
Both
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 06:58 am
@Foofie,
What do you think?
Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 02:43 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

What do you think?

I think happiness is a contest that we are our own judge as to who is the winner. A la William James (we smile then we are happy) "acting" happy is virtually the same as "being" happy.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 05:37 pm
If you can't stop smiling, does it mean you're happy or does it mean your facial muscles are frozen because of excess botox? Very Happy
Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 05:39 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

What's with all these posts being marked down? Santa will be mad....
Tuna

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 07:39 pm
@Miller,
Could be tetanus.
Tuna

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 07:41 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie wrote:

All my posts get marked down. Probably because I'm a jerk.
Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:15 pm
@Tuna,
I still can't figure out what's with all the downs...Someone must be having a very bad day.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:16 pm
@Tuna,
Lock-jaw
Tuna

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:45 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Lock-jaw

Yep. I've never seen it. I'm told it's terrible.
Miller

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 08:49 pm
@Tuna,
It's bad news, when it's time to see a Dentist!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:42 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I'm still winning the happiness contest.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.78 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:20:14