Sunday flier revisited

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 02:50 pm
Another Open Letter to you Ad Guys, don't seriously think it will get into Victorville, Ca, Daily Press L's to the E because his advertisers would howl, but...Seriously OpEd Steve:

Am I insane? (a2k readers assure us, yes, most certainly)

With 300,000 potential readers I’m the only one that has noted any problem with the Sunday fliers. Typically at random in recent Target flier: Mr. Coffee, number of cups not specified. Turn the page and Emerson microwave, cu. ft. not given.

Over my 20 years subscribing here in suburban Apple Valley I’ve noted hundreds if not thousands of such examples. In my own defense, is it just that people who sell things are stupid?

So I consulted my Better Half who I am sure you will agree is much smarter than I, and she reasoned: With the coffeemaker, just cut out the illustration and magnify the left side of the pot….

…and with the uwave, “It’s only 900 watts, likely they don’t want you to know size.” So, maybe not stupidity but cupidity.

But here’s a classic that not even my BH picked up: Home Depot, two apparently identical wiper blades entitled, “SPECIAL BUY, $3.88 EACH…” Come on guys, this one baffled not just dumb old Dale but also a smart gal with college ed.

Thus how many of you a2k'ers would have been stopped, if only momentarily, by that last'n?

Thanks guys/gals
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 350 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday flier revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:31:08