BREAKING NEWS: Robert Murdoch Holds National Geographic Hostage

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:58 pm
Fears that Rupert Murdoch would ruin National Geographic Magazine are coming true fast
http://i63.tinypic.com/30usjup.jpg

I guess this should be the point where I cancel my remaining National Geographic subscription. Was hoping Rupert Murdoch wouldn't run the magazine into the superfund ground of conservative hypocrisy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,934 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's got potential to be really ugly.

I'm curious why Murdoch even thought it would be a good purchase.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:12 pm
I read that as Robert Urich doing that.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:13 pm
@jespah,
It's a little known fact that Robert Urich was a failed Robert Murdoch's clone attempt.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Spenser, no!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 08:42 pm
Not a shock at all the there are layoffs. What remains to be seen is how they go from here editorially.

It is a big thing that the left could not support this organization. Or that the support was there but NG was mismanaged. I have not looked deep enough to see what happened both both are very likely. Remember too that the American people care very little about climate change, I have a guess that NG jumped too far into the bandwagon without knowing that it was not something that was going to sell.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » BREAKING NEWS: Robert Murdoch Holds National Geographic Hostage
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 11:12:27