Thumbs-down revisited still again

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 11:25 am

On Oct 26, 2015, at 5:07 AM, able2know Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Dale Hileman,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #228468 with the following response:

There is no way for us to measure that.

Do they see thumbs down on pages? Yes, they see the numbers, whether they are negative or positive. This is true whether the thumbing down occurs on 'My Posts', 'New Posts', 'New Topics', or any other slice of the data that comprises the site.

They cannot see who did the voting down, or where the vote-down came from.

Voting down a topic is intended to clear the decks so you can see only the topics you are interested in. Voting down posts is often done because the post is disagreed with.

That’s why I had assumed that doing so might be misinterpreted

Do people misuse the voting system? Of course they do, just like they misuse any other system out there, or any replacement we could possibly come up with. That's just a fact of life on the internet, that software will be used in contravention of the developers' and owners' intentions.

Also, when you collapse a topic you have replied to, it does not leave your list of 'My Posts'. It is only collapsed. Why? Because the collapse isn't you withdrawing your response (that option is not on the table). You have still responded, even though you may no longer wish to see the topic you responded to. It will not reduce the number of pages listed under your 'My Posts' section. Instead, as collapsed topics, you'll see a tiny bit of print which, if you click on it, will allow you to uncollapse a topic and see it again.

Yes thank you, A2KS, that’s how I understood it to work

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions.

Such response being very rare I thank you most kindly and also appreciate all you’ve accomplished with a2k

If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

https://support.able2know.org/view.php?auth=o1xveaqaabpc2aaaJ%2BT4Lxu5MQtO2g%3D%3D
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 223 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thumbs-down revisited still again
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:37:08