there is this class that i really hate

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 05:19 pm
im in 8th grade right now and everday im upset about pe. Because i have no friends there!! and everybody has their friends and i feel like im the only one whose a loner. i just feel like everybody is pitying me and ignoring me. yesterday we did a basketball and i was in a team and even though i made signs to pass me the ball, people in my team didnt even look at me and i heard some words from my pe teacher about anticipating. i was really upset. i think the problem is that when i do talk to people, im afraid that they will disgust me and think im trying too hard to make friends. any advices? i really hate pe. oh and if you guys want to know, im a girl.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 302 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 05:30 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Do you have friends outside of PE? If you have a few close friends outside of this class, then things like PE are bearable. Having a class that you hate from time to time is part of life... sometimes you just have to slog through it.

If you are having trouble developing friends in general, that is a different matter.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 05:43 pm
@wanttoknow2,
I went from being not all bad at sports (girl) in the Chicago area when playing in the neighborhood and a terrible batter when the teacher was pitching, to being completely confused when we moved to California. I was an idiot in volleyball, which I'd not heard of before and it killed my hands, and if possible, I was worse in basketball. Gym class was misery, as everyone else knew what they were doing, or seemed to. Misery for quite a while.

I got to like sports besides all that (had to do with my liking a horse and being taught to play golf at a city course and reading sports news, getting a crush on a football player far away) but a fair amount of people don't like sports for the same reason you are bemoaning, back in their youth.

Now, if I were you, or myself back then, I'd talk with the coach. Some coaches are just beginning at it themselves re how to coach. Look around. Some other adults will understand you. Me, it never occurred to me to talk with the coach then.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 05:56 pm
@ossobuco,
I never did learn volleyball.

Years later, our 'dishwasher' at the lab had blackish marks on her hands from beach volleyball. She was a dental student at the time. She took a lot of aspirin..

I remember us yammering at her.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » there is this class that i really hate
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 01:32:17