Does anyone have an opinion on the Lori Hacking case?

PamO

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:56 pm
I am saddened by the recent news from Utah regarding Lori Hacking. Is anyone else following this story? What do you believe happened?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,251 • Replies: 16
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:32 pm
From news accounts I would say her husband killed her. He wasn't even as smart as Scott Peterson. I predict her body is in a shallow grave somewhere.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:35 pm
I read the latest information today. It about made me cry for her. It reminds me some what of a murder here in Massachusetts, but the husband was even more stupid than Lori's husband. And yes it appears that unfortunately her husband has killed her.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:46 pm
Yeah, I agree with both of you...I feel terrible for her and her family. I guess i also feel bad for the husband's family as well what a tragedy. Yeah, Iam sure we'll find out that he did kill her. I am guessing she discovered his deception re: that he was enrolled in Med school; she probably confronted him about her findings, and then he killed her. Sad, sad, sad for all.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:52 pm
I just can't figure out what was going through his mind. Lie about graduating from college? I suppose lots of people do that. But lie about going to Medical School in the fall? How could you possibly pull that one off?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:14 pm
I think this one will be resolved legitimately with a Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity--or Guilty But Insane.

The incredibly long-standing deception had to include daily lies for a time about going to school. Pushing it to the point of lying about acceptance in medical school, celebrating it, and making all the arrangements to move--was psychotic! The moving van was at his house the day after her disappearance was reported. It seems to me the way things played out--his wife wasn't the paramount person the lie was directed at. It seems to me he has some sick need to win the approval of someone. I'm thinking his father. (Or, it could have been her, and 'he had to kill her' when he lost the approval...) However, I think the call she recieved at work means she was on to him days before he killed her. So, I will be interested to hear more about his childhood, and his relationship with his dad. She would have been the means of dad (or whoever) finding out.

I bet dad is either a devout Christian, or a very morally upstanding man, and a high acheiver, who either directly pushed his son--or whose sheer force of personality and acheivement compelled his son to NEED to be special in some way he felt incapable of.

I can't even hazard a guess as to what particular type of mental illness this guy has--but, I will guess she discovered the deception, and he couldn't bear his family finding out. This burden, somehow, his psyche couldn't tolerate. I am doubtful there was any planning, and his haphazard cover-up was bound to fail. I think the murder was spur of the moment and crazed.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:15 pm
I haven't seen the story. Do you have a link?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:12 am
Hey, Montana. I don't have a link, but the young, pregnant woman disappeared while jogging. So very close to the Laci Peterson situation, that it's eerie. The rest of the background about her husband, Sofia just posted.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 05:50 am
Here ya go, Montana.

The story so far.

Hadn't read it; I see the last sentence points Hacking's brothers being successful...

They refer to her as a jogger, but only Hacking stated she had been jogging. She was dead before he made that claim, IMO. She hadn't been jogging.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 12:17 pm
Thanks Sofia. I read the story, but I need to search for more before I have an opinion about the husband. I'm still up in the air on this one.
0 Replies

David Emerson

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:56 am
There was information given to the family by the husband this morning that gave the authorities reason to call of the search. Haven't heard what it is yet.

Something smells fishy.
0 Replies

lucia

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:56 am
lori and lacy

Men have difficulty expressing their feelings and many times don't want to hurt their wives feelings. If they are not in love anymore for any reason wouldn't tell their wives, the tension will grow and even worse if the woman is expecting it is more difficult and stressful because he knows she is happier because a baby could get them closer together. This is the perfect atmosphere for the timid man to commit a horrible mistake.
How to handle relationships should be taught in school.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
I am saddened by the sheer number of women in our society who are beaten, maimed and killed by their "Significant Others". Flip the gender in this story and you'd be hard pressed to find a single similar case.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 04:15 pm
I am amazed that the number one cause of death in this country for pregnant women is murder!

I think lucia is on to something.
0 Replies

newsbreaker

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm
well is is being held in jail now
0 Replies

nosata

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 06:17 pm
Funny this is now Lori and Lacy. It looks like the jury is in.
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
Suddenly it seems divorce isn't an option anymore. Why do so many men prefer murder? Is it just the violence from the media infecting them so much? Couldn't they just leave? Or are they just too greedy.

The last seems to be my opinion.

Embarrassed
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does anyone have an opinion on the Lori Hacking case?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 08:43:56