I'm back - I missed you guys & gals (all about my trip too)

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:48 pm
Alrighty then - I've been gone for 8 days - have I missed anything important? Any topics started earlier in the week that you think I'd be interested in? I was not to far from Occom Bill, but i did not stop in to see him. *seriusly, I didn't*

It was a great time - I'll share pictures later this week. I got to buy a new swimsuit. I didn't get to play 1 game of tennis even - but I saw I robot and the Dodgeball and the Bourne Supremacy - all 3 good movies - speaking of which do you play Dodgeball - have you EVER? Did you know that it is a REAL sport that ESPN shows games of? I had no clue of all this, but I have seen official dodgeball championship games on tv just this week.

I swam in the ocean. That's a big deal for me, b/c though I am Floridian born and raised, the ocean's inhabitants scare the bejesus outta me. I swam about 10 ft off the shore - I couldn't bring myself to go any further out. My 3 year old went farther out than I did (but she was with Daddy - the little heiffer).

I was disappointed by my suite in the beginning - I didn't have a whirlppol roman tub - which I've come to expect, so that dampened my spirits a bit...I bucked up and got over it though. Plus, the decor sucked.

I learned to do some Polynesian hula dances.
I made a t-shirt in arts & crafts (i'll sell it to ya for 50 bucks)

I won at bingo twice in a row and I got 2 neat-o prizes. A small handled tray and some soaps - whoo hoo.

I also found about 50 beautiful shells on the beach.

Well, that's my trip...I hope you all enjoyed it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 713 • Replies: 13
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:52 pm
I'm glad you had a nice trip, onyxelle.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:54 pm
Sounds wonderful. Welcome back.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:15 pm
Didn't you leave out one minor detail? WHERE DID YOU GO!?

I know what you mean. I used to swim in the ocean without a thought in the world about jelly fish, sharks, and whatever. When I lived in Orlando, I swam in Lake Ivanhoe. The thing's probably crawling with alligators, cottonmouths, and snapping turtles. It's just no fun growing up, is it?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:31 pm
you got that right baby.

i went to pompano beach :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:49 pm
Welcome back!

I miss the ocean. My grandma used to live in Florida, and I'd go visit her every year. She died in 1997, and then I went straight to L.A., where the ocean was a lot less inviting (pretty much impossible to body surf -- the grade was too steep, or something) but still there. Then it's been 4 years of landlockedness.

I have a standing invitation to go to Cape May, had to say no this year, maybe next year.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:09 pm
The grade was too steep?

When the ocean has too steep a grade, try water skiing. I was totally defeated in New Mexico. What water we have, just doesn't have big enough hills to bother with.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:24 pm
Welcome back, Onxyelle! I'll be in Bill's neighborhood in a couple weeks myself! Same town even. I have lots of brothers there. I'm turning in soon (not a lot going on here tonight) but I'll post some thread for you to catch up on tomorrow.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:44 am
wb, onyx! :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
Oynxelle--

Glad you're back with an enlarged dominion.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 01:22 pm
Ah, Pompano Beach. That's a ritzy section, gal. Welcome back. The last time that I saw a hammerhead shark swimming among the bait fish, I just fished. Caught several pompanos, incidentally.

Glad you're back, Onyx.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 02:46 pm
Roger, there were waves in L.A., but it seemed like as soon as you caught one you were slammed into the beach. In Florida, I was used to very very gradual grades, like you'd wade out say 100 yards and it'd still be only chest-deep. So then you could catch a wave and ride it for a while.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 03:13 pm
I'd NEVER do that soz - I'm very 'respectful' of the Ocean and her inhabitants.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 04:41 pm
As my stylist would say, Welcome back, pretty lady. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm back - I missed you guys & gals (all about my trip too)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:42:20