We need more creativity in the media, so lets do just that..

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:35 pm
Post the most creative ideas you can think of for a television show, or a movie or something.

I'll start...

An action drama or something where two very different people cross paths (perhaps a terrorist and a firefighter) that has two different versions of the movie.

In one version, you see the entire story, the motives, the ambitions etc of one of the two characters. Thus you sympathize with him and understand him and even get to like him (even if he is a terrorist, you understand how circumstances made him what he is and why he does what he does and believes what he believes). In the other version, you see it all from the other person's perspective.

The fact that there are two different versions is never advertized. Instead, the movie releases but on the east coast releases with one version and on the west coast shows the other version.

So half the US will be sympathizing with one charcacter while the other half will be sympathizing with the other character.

Any movie that did something as innovative as that well would go down in the history books and win numerous academy awards.

Your turn... post something innovative.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 16
No top replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:25 pm
I'll try! After I get my beauty sleep!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 11:51 pm
Really? I thought the media could stand to be a bit less creative, and more objective.
0 Replies

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 09:57 am
The news media, yeah. But this is the entertainment media, Rog!
0 Replies

BaileyStapleton

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:19 pm
Oh my, that's absolutely brill! I love it!

Hmmm, let's see...

"The Posting Show"
People would post ideas in to the show, and then the creators would choose the best two or three and create them, and show them on the telly. Like, someone'd like to see a show about an apple. They'd post in to the show, and say it gets voted to be on the show. So, the next week the someone'd see their idea on the show.
0 Replies

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:35 pm
That would be fun.
I know it's been done before, but I would kind of like a show where handsome liberal millionaires compete for my affections! The Suzy Hook-up Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:30 pm
I have quite a few ideas; but I'll post in the morning, when I am More Coherent.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:40 pm
How about a series about an old capybara farmer who lives by a swamp and has many adventures?

Does anyone remember the Rifleman? That's how this new series would start -- the old capybara farmer would slowly walk across the screen, side profile, rifle in hand, and suddenly, as the musical introduction reaches its crescendo, the capybara farmer whirls toward the camera, raises his rifle, and fires off about a dozen shots.

Then, across the screen, the words "The Capybara Farmer" are emblazoned.

I think it would be a hell of a series.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:44 pm
I so agree. It could easily be the next 'Cosby mysteries.' I would definitely go into business with you, provided that you deal with the American expenditure and I deal with the Peruvian accounts.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:44 pm
(Incidentally; I see that you have mutated again! How did that happen?)

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:47 pm
I've been told I look dramatically different with my hat off.

You've made that observation, so obviously there must be some validity to that hypothesis
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:49 pm
Yes; you look quite fetching. I'm afraid that this might mean that you have lost Phoenix's love, though.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:54 pm
Are you implying that Phoenix is shallow and only cares for old guys in straw hats?
0 Replies

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 07:57 pm
Smile losing the hat (or cigar) also makes you look younger!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:05 pm
Sometimes, like now, when I take my hat off, I have an uncontrollable urge to play football.

What would cause that?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:14 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Are you implying that Phoenix is shallow and only cares for old guys in straw hats?

No. I'm saying that she only cares for old guys in cheesehead 'hats.' Big difference.

0 Replies

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:56 pm
Ooh! Gus is back!!!
I had forgotten what a handsome devil he is Smile(swoon...)
I'm going to bed. Gotta keep up my strength so's I can beat up Gertrude and win Gus's hand.
Also, I need my beauty sleep.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » We need more creativity in the media, so lets do just that..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:17:50