Anybody know anything about hot tubs?

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:54 am
I'm house sitting my friends place for awhile, and she told me I was welcome to use her hot tub. Well she must have forgot to turn the heater on, because the temp is hardly over luke warm. I've turned up the temp, and it didn't help. There is a little light that is supposed to be on when the heater is on, but I can't figure out what you have to do to actually turn the thing on. Anybody have an idea?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:25 pm
There should be a switch underneath inside a little compartment that will turn the hot tub on. Check under the hot tub and see if there's s little box with a switch. Nuthin like a nice hot tub.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:28 pm
Yes, check that out. The wife and I were housesitting once at a place with a hot tub, and we had some problems getting the heat on, but we figured it out. We actually planned on barricading ourselves in the flat, as we wanted it for our own. It was a rental, believe it or not, but sadly, the rent was well over $4000/month. We figured guns and sandbags would be cheaper.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:30 pm
I don't know much about how hot tubs work but I know that the 'When Harry Met Sally' jet can be addictive. Embarrassed Mr. Green
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
NickFun wrote:
There should be a switch underneath inside a little compartment that will turn the hot tub on. Check under the hot tub and see if there's s little box with a switch. Nuthin like a nice hot tub.

The hot tub itself is on, or at least the jets work, just no heat to go with them. I pressed the on/off switch yesterday thinking it would reset everything and the heat would work, but the light still didn't come on. I dunno Confused
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
LOL...Ok, I went to go hot tubbin last night, thinking it would still be luke warm...Nope, it was very very very hot. Had to add cold water. I guess the heater must have been working, just took a long time to heat up. So now that I can be comfortable, me and alexander keith are gonna have to go hot tubbin....Thanks.
0 Replies

steveH

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
What kind of hot tub is it? Brand?

Depending on the brand and technology, the settings can be radically different. If it is a Sundance or Hotsprings, they are much different than all of the others.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anybody know anything about hot tubs?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 12:51:23