How about playing a game - give the definition of Special Relativity with your memory?

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:40 am
Give the definition of Special Relativity (of Einstein).

Rules for the game:

(1) Don't check out any dictionary or books, only write it down by your memory.
(2) Don't look into the definitions given by participants here until you've posted yours.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 200 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:42 am
@oristarA,
I'm tapping out before I can even participate. Physics on this level is above my mental paygrade.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:48 am
Mine:

Special Relativity: a physical theory of relativity based on the assumption that the speed of light in vacuum is a constant and the assumption that the physical laws are invariant for all inertial systems.

---------------------------------
I then checked out my dictionary and it says:

Special Relativity: a physical theory of relativity based on the assumption that the speed of light in a vacuum is a constant and the assumption that the laws of physics are invariant in all inertial systems.

Well, not that I'm good in knowing this, just because I rechecked my memory of the definition about a week earlier. I'm unsure about three question:

1) Why did the lexicologist use "in a vacuum" but not "in vacuum"? Which is correct?
2) Is "the physical laws" equivalent to "the laws of physics"?
3) For or in, which is correct?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How about playing a game - give the definition of Special Relativity with your memory?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:28:07